Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 10:34:44 AM EDT
I'm planning to purchase a .22 suppressor in the next few weeks. The local dealers stock the Outback II and the Tac65. The Gemtech is smaller and lighter but sealed and and little more expensive. The Tac65 is bigger and heavier but is cheaper and can be taken apart for cleaning.

How big of an advantage is being able to take apart a rimfire can for cleaning? Is there any other reason why I should choose one over the other? Are there any others in this price range I should consider?

FWIW, I plan to use it on a Ruger MkII, 10/22, and maybe a Marlin bolt action.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a huge advantage to be able to take it down and clean the suppressor.  22 ammo is dirty and will fill up your can.  As much as I shoot my 22 can I probably would have filled it up by now and I have had it less than a year.  I average about a bulk pack a week through it, so for me it is really improtant to clean it.  

Check out the silencerco sparrow, SWR spectre, and AAC element.  They are the top of the top of 22 cans and are really not that much more money than the two cans you are looking at.  No matter what you buy you have to pay the $200 stamp and wait the time, so you might as well spend an extra $100-$200 and get something that you will be really pleased with and that will last a really long time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't shoot rimfire through a sealed can.

I took my Tac 65 apart for the first time this week... chunks and chunks of lead.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Very happy Tac65 owner here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my Tac65 a week ago. I love it and it's a huge plus to take it apart for cleaning as they get nasty quick!

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
A buddy of mine has a TAC65, he convinced me to go with the Quest.  Think TAC65, but stainless.  I was so happy with the first that I bought another.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top