Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 4:31:40 PM EDT
Does anybody make a thread adapter for a ak 47. The ak has a 14 x 1, mm left hand thread and most cans for 30 cal. have a 3/4 - 24 thread.
I had a friend ask me to make him one,but if some one allready makes them i will tell him to bye one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Most 30 cal cans I have seen are 5/8-24 TPI.

and AK's threads are hardly ever concentric and coaxial.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
YHM does. I must be lucky as all of mine line up fine with the can.

ETA: Oops sorry, your were looking for a thread adapter. Not sure about that. The guy above has it right though, I've never seen a 30cal can with 3/4 inch threads.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
(my bad) you are right 5/8 thread . i should know i just threaded his Rem.700 a month ago. From the looks of it ill have to make one .
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There won't be enough material in just an adapter to have a 14mm internal thread and a 5/8" external thread. You'll probably have to make an extension instead with the external thread a little bit away from the internal thread.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes you are right , i drew one up on CAD. to see how it would work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top