Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 1:56:00 PM EDT
It said the finger print cards were unreadable. I had it done at the Sheriff's Office and they even had a machine that says if the print pass' or not. So I get to re-due the cards and start all over. I was 64 days in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened to me on my transfer for my RR.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No fingerprint cards needed for a trust.

My first transfer took 146 days or 4 months, 24 days from the day I mailed my paperwork to the day I got my stamp.

FYI, you don't go to the back of the line either, I messed up and forgot some of my trust paperwork and the day I got my deficiency letter I corrected my paperwork and remailed it and 8 days later I got my stamp.  Once you get your deficiency letter you are "on the desk and in process" so the faster you get that stuff resolved the better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Who was the examiner?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
All it has is a contact name and number for questions?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I understood that the FBI did the fingerprints and that's what took so long.  So if I understand the situation correctly, the ATF rejected the cards because the FBI couldn't read them or is there some pre-read process at the ATF?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I understood that the FBI did the fingerprints and that's what took so long.  So if I understand the situation correctly, the ATF rejected the cards because the FBI couldn't read them or is there some pre-read process at the ATF?

Thats what the paper said. FBI rejected fingerprint cards so please submite new cards. Paraphrasing it a bit. I went to another place today (a crime lab). The lady that did mine today said the old ones were not past the first section on each finger Dunno but the one she did ..did look like more of my finger was on it. We'll see
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember they are government employees........
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
go to a professional, not gubbermint employee. I'm 4 for 4 on prints
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Last 9 prints from secretary at county police station were good. That stinks yours were a no-go, hopefully it will be only a few days after FBI does their thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats all you can do now is resubmit but on these next ones and future ones see is the examiner has a letter to include with the fingerprints.
My first set on one submission were so worn down he thought they might reject them.He had a form letter that stated who he was etc.
And that these were the best fingrprints he could get as the (technical blaa blaa) were worn etc.They went through OK.
I heard from someone that if ya use Corn Huskers lotion on your hands right before ya get fingerprints he swells out your fingertips/prints
and so i used that and my last submissions were great he said i did not need a letter and they got approved OK. (1 SBR and 2 suppressors so far)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the encouragement guys. It helps with the aggravation of all this. Hopefully I'll be posting "New Suppressor arrived" in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
The cards go to the FBI for a biometric scan into the computer system.  If the computer cannot read the cards you will have to get new ones made.  It does not put you in the back of the line with the NFA, but you are in the back of the line for the FBI part.  Up to 8 more weeks.  On a side note, I have heard that if you had an approved form 1 or 4 in the last 6 months they can and will use those finger print cards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I had one (ONE) card sent back for my third NFA item because the SO used the NCIC code of NB for Nebraska instead of the more common NE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top