Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:33:35 PM EDT
Went to pick up the can today and when I got home and put the adapter on I noticed that the rockset was hard, what a bummer.  Called Surefire and talked with a tech fella and he said to go to the hardware store and pick some up.  Well I wasn't happy about that since I just spent a good amount of coin and figured they should atleast send some in the mail.  Well I wanted to play with my toy so I went to the hardware store and they didn't have any and then to Lowes inwhich I figured they wouldn't and they didn't.  I then looked up some online and was about to order some when I tried Surefire again and spoke to a gentleman named Alex, I believe that was his name and he took care of it immediately.  I have spoken with Alex before and he seems to be a real nice fellow and always willing to answer questions.  Well It's suppose to take a weak to get here so no fun for a few more days.

While I was there I handled a Sparrow and I kept thinking that this thing is really light, gotta have it.  It came apart niceIy and appeared to be well made.  I believe I will have to call back and get it so I can start the wait again.  I went to the shop and said I won't look at anything but you know the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm still waiting for my dealer to get my can from Surefire. It's been special ordered 223 can and my mount is already mounted on my barrel. They test fit a 308 can on my barrel and that looked sweet.

Sorry of your issues.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to post pics!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The surefire  rep suggested a faster fix than mailing you a bottle.

Sorry. It did not work out

Fyi. Those little bottles dry up on a regular basis

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fyi. Those little bottles dry up on a regular basis

I have about 5 or 6 of those little rockset bottles at the house and they are all dried up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Need pics. My rocksett bottles are still good. Ive had one for 3 years now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Cant you just use some automotive type thread locker?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Yah he did suggest a qicker way and thats fine, not we will send some right out.  I'm still happy with my decision and would gladly get another.  When I spoke with the second fella it was not you can do this or go there but we will send it right out, straight to the issue.  Alex was very quick to get it done, thats what I like in a company.  Would buy from Surefire again, no pics taken yet will wait to get it mounted.  Can't stop thinking about that Sparrow though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
So what is the alternative to rockset that can be bought at Home Depot/Lowe's? I need some and the $10 shipping on a $3 bottle is killing me!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#9]
When I was talking to Alex on the phone he said not to use anything but rockset.  I asked about using a thread locker and he said diffently no.  So after waiting 4-6 months for the suppressor to hit the store after being orddered and 4 months for the form to come back another week won't hurt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cant you just use some automotive type thread locker?

rocksett is made for high-temp applications.

locktite and similar compounds turn to powder at around 400-450 degrees.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top