Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 10:30:32 PM EDT
Just like the title says, what is the shortest barrel that I can run with the G-5?  I have a 10.5 inch on my M16, is this too short?  What about on full auto?  Thanks for the replies.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks PHD, I appreciate the quick reply.  I will not be using the suppressor on this set up very often, it mainly resides on my 18 inch barrel.  Like you said though, it just looks so cool.  Just wanted to let you know that I am "VERY" impressed with this suppressor, and I am looking at getting the Quicksand very soon.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks PHD, I appreciate the quick reply.  I will not be using the suppressor on this set up very often, it mainly resides on my 18 inch barrel.  Like you said though, it just looks so cool.  Just wanted to let you know that I am "VERY" impressed with this suppressor, and I am looking at getting the Quicksand very soon.  Thanks again.

I took Gemtech's minimum barrel length seriously. While a number of folks told me not to sweat 0.2", my 10.3" upper became a dedicated .22LR (which is great with my Outback II) and I bought a Spike's 10.5". A Vortex G5 mount is affixed and ready to go...just waiting on the BATFE.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Bklyn, I have been reading your posts for some time.  I think you sent your paperwork in just after I did.  (Hopefully your paperwork comes in soon)   And I have noticed that you have been concerned about the G-5's performance, as have I.  Let me tell you, it has exceeded my expectations.  On my 18 inch POF upper you do not need any ear pro!  It is, in my opinion, more quiet than a 22lr unsuppressed.  I can't tell you how impressed I am with it.  Based on this I am getting ready to buy the Quicksand, so it will not only attach to my 30 cal, but also all of my 5.56 rifles.  I have nothing but great things to say about Gemtech.  Call me biased , but they are on the top of my list!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bklyn, I have been reading your posts for some time.  I think you sent your paperwork in just after I did.  (Hopefully your paperwork comes in soon)   And I have noticed that you have been concerned about the G-5's performance, as have I.  Let me tell you, it has exceeded my expectations.  On my 18 inch POF upper you do not need any ear pro!  It is, in my opinion, more quiet than a 22lr unsuppressed.  I can't tell you how impressed I am with it.  Based on this I am getting ready to buy the Quicksand, so it will not only attach to my 30 cal, but also all of my 5.56 rifles.  I have nothing but great things to say about Gemtech.  Call me biased , but they are on the top of my list!

Just getting started on the BATFE wait. Long way to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Gemtech QD 7.62 suppressor in my future.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you say "quicksand?"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Most any can will last a lifetime if it's not abused. Thats the main moral of the story.  If you do mag dumps, cook bacon on it and generally treat it like a piece of junk, eventually it will be such.  Short barrels and cans are fun but it's best to keep it at 11" or better and not abuse your toys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top