Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2010 3:35:10 PM EDT
I'm thinking about purchasing a 308 rifle and suppressor, I need some rifle ideas.  I seen a .308 tactical on remingtons site.  This will probably be used mainly for punching paper and local range high power rifle shoots.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Rem 700!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
FN SPR.

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Remington AAC rifle is the only way to go for a factory pre threaded rifle...

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd.aspx

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Yep, that's what I have been looking at.  I guess the next step is putting one in my hands.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't want to start a massive "who's dick is bigger" thread, so I'll hold off on most of my comments. Research the Savage 10fp. Its a sweet shooting gun. Its a little cheaper than a Rem 700, but you lose the accessories quantity. Not a big deal in my book. The trigger is awesome, IMO. The money you save buying it can be put towards a can. Check the EE for people selling these, and you might find one with a better stock and rings/base.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You well be told whatever each person likes going from a few $100 to a few $1000. First decide what you want to spend and then if you want bolt or semi. Then ask again.

Semi––
Armalite, DPMS, Fulton Armory, Larue, Knights, RRA, Bushmaster, FNH, etc etc etc

Bolt––
Remington, FNH, Savage, oh I cant remember anymore right now.

and there was no order and I left some out.....but you kind of just started "whose is bigger" thread.

I have DPMS SASS and Remington 700LTR for my 308 suppressor rifles. I also have a FNH but I did not want to thread the barrel on this gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]

This is basicly just a SPS tactical with a threaded barrel and a 1/10 twist barrel which is important but plan to replace the stock from the get go.

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You well be told whatever each person likes going from a few $100 to a few $1000. First decide what you want to spend and then if you want bolt or semi. Then ask again.

Semi––
Armalite, DPMS, Fulton Armory, Larue, Knights, RRA, Bushmaster, FNH, etc etc etc

Bolt––
Remington, FNH, Savage, oh I cant remember anymore right now.

and there was no order and I left some out.....but you kind of just started "whose is bigger" thread.

I have DPMS SASS and Remington 700LTR for my 308 suppressor rifles. I also have a FNH but I did not want to thread the barrel on this gun.

I appreciate all the information, I'm looking for a bolt action gun.  I never thought about looking at savage considering I own two of their rifles, in other cal.  I enjoy the accutrigger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 3:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I appreciate all the information, I'm looking for a bolt action gun.  I never thought about looking at savage considering I own two of their rifles, in other cal.  I enjoy the accutrigger.

See, you knew the answer the whole time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]

remember what the mods say about links to AAC.... or it might be your last post...
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

remember what the mods say about links to AAC.... or it might be your last post...

The guy didnt link AAC. This link goes to Remington. Remington is selling a rifle that comes set up for suppressor use. It does not come with an AAC can but for what ever reason Remington used the AAC name in the marketing of the rifle. Maybe I recall remington bought AAC.

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#12]
You sir are correct about Remington buying AAC
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is basicly just a SPS tactical with a threaded barrel and a 1/10 twist barrel which is important but plan to replace the stock from the get go.

This is my baby minus the scope- the stock stock is crap.  That is the first thing you should change!

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You sir are correct about Remington buying AAC

Or Freedom Group/Cerberus, anyway.

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
700 SPS Tactical with YHM 762 Phantom.   I put mine in a B and C Light Tactical because of the price point.  I'd like to get an AI stock like the guy up a couple.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2010 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I have to say those are both very nice rifles.  I can't wait to put my hands around one now.  What type of ammo are you guys using?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate all the information, I'm looking for a bolt action gun. I never thought about looking at savage considering I own two of their rifles, in other cal. I enjoy the accutrigger.

Yup, what he says:

my Savage in the front with a YHM QD on there:

The Savage 10fcp w/accutrigger is a GREAT value in my opinion.  I had the barrel cut down to 18" and threaded for the QD flashider mount.  I like the YHM QD cans cause they swap around easy and the 762 fits on all my 5.56/.223 guns.  That rifle is a great out of the box shooter with a good trigger and a great stock.  If you can't afford and AI, then I'd look at the Savage 10fcp if I was you.  1:10" twist is awesome for shooting subs if you wanna load some up.  And you can even swap the barrel out on your own at home later if you shoot the rifling out someday.

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate all the information, I'm looking for a bolt action gun. I never thought about looking at savage considering I own two of their rifles, in other cal. I enjoy the accutrigger.

Yup, what he says:

my Savage in the front with a YHM QD on there:

The Savage 10fcp w/accutrigger is a GREAT value in my opinion.  I had the barrel cut down to 18" and threaded for the QD flashider mount.  I like the YHM QD cans cause they swap around easy and the 762 fits on all my 5.56/.223 guns.  That rifle is a great out of the box shooter with a good trigger and a great stock.  If you can't afford and AI, then I'd look at the Savage 10fcp if I was you.  1:10" twist is awesome for shooting subs if you wanna load some up.  And you can even swap the barrel out on your own at home later if you shoot the rifling out someday.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/benjiotto/G%20n%20A/photo-19-1.jpg

That's another nice set up.  I appreciate all the information and helping me finalize my decision.  I was wonder does anyone go without using hearing protection, while using your rifle suppressed.  I was looking at one company and there telling me I can, it reduces the sound that much.  I personal still use ears when I shoot my .22's suppressed.  Once hearing is gone you can't get it back, is my moto
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Exactly.
A good can will make it hearing safe for your ears for each individual shot but
if you run through a box of shells then you are rolling the dice.
When I go to the range I use plugs or muffs even when suppressed.
Now, when I am shooting subs in a bolt gun that is a different story
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Also realize that shooting a bolt gun suppressed is much quieter than shooting a semi-auto suppressed, most of the sound from a semi is coming from the ejection port not the end of the can.

Another picture for inspiration, Remington 700P chopped to ~18.5" Ops. Inc. 12th model.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Also realize that shooting a bolt gun suppressed is much quieter than shooting a semi-auto suppressed, most of the sound from a semi is coming from the ejection port not the end of the can.

Another picture for inspiration, Remington 700P chopped to ~18.5" Ops. Inc. 12th model.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_3614Large.jpg

Very NIce....Whose bottom is on this...Badger?

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_3614Large.jpg

You just had to do that too me.    I agree with you about the bolt guns being quieter.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#23]
There are also gas guns with a shutoff valve on the gas port.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Very NIce....Whose bottom is on this...Badger?

Thanks and yes.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#25]
What about a FAL with the gas turned off...

Anyone tried this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm working on getting some prices for the remington and savages, one step closer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Update.  I will be making a remington purchase considering this will be the first one, I have owned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top