Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2010 7:38:09 AM EDT
Got the call while I was on my way to work so I had to make a detour and pick it up.  I'm taking the afternoon off to go home and make sure it works properly

Speedy examiner, I mailed the forms on April 25th.

While I was at the gun shop picking up the can the guys brought out my M11/9 which had just arrived. Includes 6 mags, original box/loader/brush, and new Coastal MIMS can.  More prints and CLEO on Monday!

The NFA addiction has begun, and I've got an SBR in the works, too.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No kidding!

I just got my SilencerCo Sparrow and I'm waiting for my Osprey .45 and SWR Trident. There are so many cans that I still wanna get.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!  Make sure you use lots of anti seize on that Mite, and break it loose immediately after shooting more than 100 rounds if you don't want it to turn into a "sealed" can
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
break it loose immediately after shooting more than 100 rounds if you don't want it to turn into a "sealed" can

+1!!!

The key to being a happy Mite owner is to bring your dissassembly tool with you to the range and frequently crack the can open 1/2 turn and then close it back down (I do it between every other mag, or so).  This will allow you to get the can apart easily when you decide to clean it later.

If you don't do this, it'll more than likely be "stuck like Chuck" when you try to get it apart later.

Bryon

Never tried the every other mag trick...too late for that I guess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No kidding!

I just got my SilencerCo Sparrow and I'm waiting for my Osprey .45 and SWR Trident. There are so many cans that I still wanna get.

+1

Less then a month after Sparrow was approved.  Osprey9 in process
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like they have changed the internals on the Mite were it attaches to the muzzle of the gun.  Mine does not have that stainless steal insert.  Great Can though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Major & combat, thanks for the tips!  I've got a big jar of Permatex and painted the threads.

I put about 300 rounds through it Friday and Sunday evening - used a CMMG conversion kit in my AR with BlackDawg mags and had no issues. I cracked the can loose internally and on the barrel after every 2 mags, and it was certainly feeling a bit gritty after the 4th mag.

Around 9:00 last night I had just put the can in the safe and put the standard bolt back the AR when I saw an opossum walking across my yard - I spotted the little turd messing with my garden a week ago, and lately something has been getting into the trash.  I missed out on my chance last night but next time I will be ready!

EDITs:  Shot CCI 1050fps, CCI 1070fps, Aguilla 60grn SSS. I put one high velocity round through the can and while it was still loud it was just the supersonic crack.

The CCI 710 won't cycle the conversion kit so I didn't bother with them.  My bolt action Marlin is getting threaded and will be ultra quiet with the 710s and the Mite

This thing is a blast!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow thats great turnaround...congrats. My Form 4's seem to be stuck in limbo land. That M11 is sweet. How much do one on those set ya back?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!  Door to door it was 84 days on the YHM.

The M11 w/ a refin, a new 9mm can and the 6 mags/box/etc was $3k out the door, I pay for the NFA stamps.  Hopefully I can hit the post office tomorrow and mail out the forms - I'll also be sending in 2 sets of form 1s to SBR some extra lowers, may as well do it all at once!

Next can will either be .308 or .45
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Sad that several months is a "fast" turn around.

Anyways..

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
congrats, you'll love the M11/9.  now you need to get on Lage's or Practical Solutions waiting list to get a 22 conversion for the M11/9 and really put you can to work (if it's full auto rated).
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm on already Lage's list for the .22 conversion, he said around 6-9 months until it is ready to ship.  Yes, the M11 is full auto and the Mite is rated for full auto.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Andrapos,

either your FFL has the same exact handwriting as mine or your from CT and we shop for NFA at the same store
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top