Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2010 1:06:31 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knew any tricks for cleaning the suppressor on a MP5SD.  Is there a solution that I could soak it in that won't hurt the finish or internal parts?
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine who used to be a C3 dealer told me the best way he cleaned his SD can was to tap it against a block of wood and shake out the loose pieces of crud.  He would use some anti seize paste on the threads of supressor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I was hoping the hive had an easy solution that I might have overlooked.  The only thing I have done for years is to blow it out with compressed air.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
When I went through MP-5 instructor school (its been a few years) I was told to tap the bottom of the suppressor on a solid surface.  IIRC, they said wood was the best because it did not damage the finish.  Tap the crud out and go back to work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
the original HK internals were aluminum, so any chemical that would eat the carbon/lead would also eat the silencer...

i think just knocking anything loose out on a block of wood is your best bet.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree. However, every 1-2k, I use an ultrasonic cleaner on everything including the can (suppressor). Remember to run the lube cycle after the clean cycle. Reapply oil and grease on the action (not the can).
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Try soaking it in one part automatic transmission fluid and one part mineral spirits for a few hours and then blowing it out with compressed air

Mike Mers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top