Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 2:31:24 PM EDT
I am not in the immediate market for anything right now, but I am curious who makes an integral 9mm suppressor upper for colt style AR15s.

Is it correct that if a guy has an integral, non-removable 9mm suppressor on his upper, with a over all length of 16" or more, he won't have to pay for the SBR tax?

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try SRT Arms:  Integral 9mm Upper

Yes –– if the suppressor is non-removable and rifle length you need only the tax stamp for the can.  

Mine is a lot of fun –– however it is an SBR suppressed by SRT.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I have been eyeing the SRT site a lot lately. Lot's of great looking goodies there.

When I am ready for something integral and centerfire, he will definitely be hearing from me.

That 77/44 is amazingly awesome.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]
SRT has put many mufflers on my tools, if I wasnt happy with
the quality and peformance of the integral he would have only built me one
9mm SRT integral

45 SRT integral

44mag SRT integral

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
9mm SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/AR9mmSRTintegral3w.jpg
45 SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/AR45SRTIntegeral7websized.jpg
44mag SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/TC44magintegral2w.jpg

Those are aweseome.
How quiet are they in relation to one another?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Where did you get that lower?!

Very nice!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/AR9mmSRTintegral3w.jpg
45 SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/AR45SRTIntegeral7websized.jpg
44mag SRT integral
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa166/redtazdog/TC44magintegral2w.jpg

Those are aweseome.
How quiet are they in relation to one another?

The 9mm is close to as quiet as a 22 suppressed, the action is most of the sound you hear.
The 44mag is like a 9mm supressed pistol but no action noise, just the click of the hammer a boink sound then the smack
of the bullet impact.
The 45 is a little louder than the 9mm but not much and I've never shot the 44mag and 45 side by side yet to compare.
These integrals are quieter than any thread on can i've ever heard on a host of the same calibers and
yes I have many thread on cans that I have tested and been to many silencer shoots to hear the diference.

Robert

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where did you get that lower?!

Very nice!

After playing with standard lowers with mag blocks and modified mags for
many years I decided to go with some dedicated lowers.
I tried the BazBros and didnt like a franken lower so purchased a few
CNC dedicated pistol lowers and never looked back.
45 lower
more you may need to know
if you cant finish it TMachine can

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget the 635SD....

colt 635SD at youtube
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Anvil Arms sells one. Here

I have no experience with this upper although I bought a stripped lower from Anvil Arms and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anvil Arms sells one. Here

I have no experience with this upper although I bought a stripped lower from Anvil Arms and am very happy with it.

They are nice if you want your bullets out of the barrel at only 850fps, overporting brings down the speed
to make it quiet.
Its nice to load your own ammo and get 1050fps or more if you like but when the barrel is overported  you only get
week loads and slow speeds.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Q: I get the whole "over 16 inch length & you avoid having to pay for an additional SBR taxstamp" thing - it makes sense.  But, do any of these 16" integral uppers have removable baffles for user-end cleaning? Or, are they all sealed from the factory?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are nice if you want your bullets out of the barrel at only 850fps, overporting brings down the speed
to make it quiet.
Its nice to load your own ammo and get 1050fps or more if you like but when the barrel is overported  you only get
week loads and slow speeds.  

Aww shucks... that seems like a sweet setup, use off the shelf ammo to be subsonic
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Q: I get the whole "over 16 inch length & you avoid having to pay for an additional SBR taxstamp" thing - it makes sense.  But, do any of these 16" integral uppers have removable baffles for user-end cleaning? Or, are they all sealed from the factory?

Centerfire caliber cans dont need to be cleaned only 22 lr cans do.
and no they dont come apart

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not correct.  Recent research proves otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would really really like to believe that. Got linkage for the cleaning part? I've got several lowers that are in need of uppers and would like to not have to pay the $200 serf tax per lower if I don't have to do so.

Not that I'm trying to start the feces storm but don't want to jump into what I cannot jump out of.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would really really like to believe that. Got linkage for the cleaning part? I've got several lowers that are in need of uppers and would like to not have to pay the $200 serf tax per lower if I don't have to do so.

Not that I'm trying to start the feces storm but don't want to jump into what I cannot jump out of.

Call SRT or any of the big boys that make cans and ask if you doubt the cleaning part
or do some surfing over here and you will find the truth about cleaning.
A place to find the facts from many can users
If you shoot cast lead bullets then I could see the need to take a can apart for cleaning as after
many rounds it would cause lead buildup like the 22 cans get.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top