Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:19:04 PM EDT
Peel washers on all uppers I plan to use correct?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Just to cover it in case you do not know or are unsure:  Peel washers allow you to index your A2 torque appropriately and allow you to get the best allignment as possible, with that set-up.
Crush washers can , however so very slightly, cant the A2, which may affact your allignment with the Halo.

Please let us know how the HALO is.  I am considering this for my next purchase.
And if anyone has done a comparison of the HALO to an M4-1k or M4-2k I would like to know their personal thoughts! (or maybe just start another thread)
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking at a HALO too.....after i found that it'll fit my Vltor flash hider.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I avoid the washers and mount my HALO on a Vltor model VC-1 flash suppressor.  No need to index it, just spin it on and tighten.  I am not a big fan of the A2 anyway...

The HALO is a good suppressor, just be ready to be surprised at how loud 5.56 sounds suppressed...it still rings my ears.  Having said that, I mount it on a 10.5" SBR.  I wonder if a 16 or 20" barrel will be a lot more quiet?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I avoid the washers and mount my HALO on a Vltor model VC-1 flash suppressor.  No need to index it, just spin it on and tighten.  I am not a big fan of the A2 anyway...

The HALO is a good suppressor, just be ready to be surprised at how loud 5.56 sounds suppressed...it still rings my ears.  Having said that, I mount it on a 10.5" SBR.  I wonder if a 16 or 20" barrel will be a lot more quiet?

Yes on the more quite on a longer BBL - my can on the 18" sound fairly decent, but on a 10.5" bbl it's still pretty damn loud!

But, YMMV
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah, I see.  I have not yet had the opportunity to shoot other configurations.

FWIW, I pick up FOUR new cans this Thursday!    Spectre, Trident, Impulse IIA, and Sandstorm.   Hopefully I'll have time for a nice, long range session...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a Bowers can on my PS .380... Open bolt guns are hard to quiet down. I am familiar with what I will achieve with the Gemtech on my RR and SBR.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I personally own a HALO, and shoot it on my 11.5"

Quieting an OB gun is a lot different than a 5.56.....

Prepare yourself.

Quietness is not the #1 priority on a military contract suppressor.  I think it's #5 or #8.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the Impuls IIA, did you get it in 9mm, 40, or 45?  I have one in 9mm and 45 and they're great.  Highly suggest buying the cleaning kit from Larry G.  Easy to take apart and service.

Or just get a spanner wrench that fits the end cap and drill a 1.375" hole through 2 2x4's sandwiched together.  Heat the can in an oven to 350, place sandwiched between the 2x4's and clamp in a vice.  Spanner wrench to take off the end cap, drop out the internals and clean.  Re-assemble and good to go =)
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased a .45 Impuls IIA.  Is Larry still around?  His original site is offline (CCFA.com).  How would I get in touch with him?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I personally own a HALO, and shoot it on my 11.5"

Quieting an OB gun is a lot different than a 5.56.....

Prepare yourself.

Quietness is not the #1 priority on a military contract suppressor.  I think it's #5 or #8.

What are the other priorities?  Just out of curiousity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top