Looks great!

Nice shirts, too.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an FYI, on the front page image the t-shirts are $26 shipped, on the order page they're $29.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
are you a subsidiary of AAC?

it looks a lot like theirs

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks nice!
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't see your Operator 45 can up on the site, are you guys redesigning or will it be up shortly? I'm glad to hear some of your cans are going to john for eval, I was disappointed when I didn't see them on the 762 and 223 shoot outs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

it looks like a bad version of theirs

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Will the Scout handle 300 win mag?

Will the Spartan handle 22-250?

if so, how do I purchase them?  the website says "not available for purchase on-line"...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed it for you

Good use of sarcasm. One of my favorite styles of humor. Just like different styles of humor there are different styles of graphic design in use by artists. "Distressed" Graphics have been coming in vogue now for a few years and they are getting more and more popular. Its a fad style just like anything else and probably wont be "cool" anymore in about 5 years. But having said that we actually got the Idea from our church bulletins. If you do a Google image search on "distressed graphics" you'll see that AAC didn't invent distressed graphics. Its a style not a trademark. Also one that is very popular and very much in use, yes, even in fields outside of the firearm industry.

Link to google image search Disressed graphics

As they say, you learn something new every day.  -Evan
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed it for you

Thats the first thing I thought, at least be a little original
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
is the $345 price on the spartan correct? seems to be missing a digit
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the attachment method for that goofy square 5.56 can the same as the KAC stuff?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
is the $345 price on the spartan correct? seems to be missing a digit

Yeah, holy shit! A $345 .223 can. You guys better check your brake lines or you might have an "accident." The big guys aren't gonna be happy about you making a can 1/3 the price of theirs. I wasn't in the market for a .223 can but I might just have to get one. Do you guys have any 9mm cans in stock?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it looks a helluva lot nicer than theirs

unfixed it for ya

Thats the first thing I thought, at least be a little original, like my avatar, yeah, that's the ticket.

Your a genius, like a 4th grade hacker

You comparing an avatar that doesnt mean shit to a website that represents a companay.

A sponsor being an ass, expect nothing less from you

Call in your fan boys for support
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No.  If you had knowledge of that system you would be able to tell how it was different and how it is related.  The square silencer isn't actually goofy at all.  
It represents a patentable construction method.  We're probably not going to patent it, but patent experts would tell you and have told us it is unique and is patentable.
In case you aren't familiar with that, that means it hasn't been used in industry before as we've used it here.  Among other things, It allows us to use more high nickel super alloy than any
other 5.56 silencer in the industry.  The goal? Durability, a less intentional consequence- value added to the customer at no additional cost when compared to the competition.

Really we'd like to see our product in the hands of combat soldiers, because we are combat soldiers and it would be an honor to put build something good enough to be requested by warriors.  

We are closing out the $345 5.56 silencers. The One Zero is replacing both the Bushwacker and the Spartan at least for now.  The Bushwacker could return, but thats up in the air.  
The spartan is a flyweight 16.5 ounce 304LSS can with 26DB reduction.  That price is probably industry competitive with silencers that have specs like that.

Gear down there big shifter. I don't have knowledge of that system, that's why I asked the question. I noticed a similarity based on the drawing on your website and asked a simple question.

Damn, why do so many manufacturers these days get all butt hurt and insulting if you ask questions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#28]
do you have any better pics of the one-zero???
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The fluke may be unique to that baffle system, or it may represent an error of the CFD software as it pertains to that particular baffle style so I haven't ruled anything out the study
thus far is too isolated to be evidence of a rule or anything of that nature.

This guy that I know who does CFD for a Boeing sub says they make a mesh of a design, test it, make an artifact, test that, and adjust the mesh until it matches the artifact in real life.

Iterate until you meet your design goals. In effect, CFD helps when you're making small changes to a known design, but it doesn't eliminate testing an article.

He works on engines - somewhat similar environment to silencers, in that it's hot, turbid flow with a bunch of interfaces. Not the smooth, laminar flow you'd like.

Take my recounting of my conversation with him a few years ago for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  If you had knowledge of that system you would be able to tell how it was different and how it is related.  The square silencer isn't actually goofy at all.  
It represents a patentable construction method.  We're probably not going to patent it, but patent experts would tell you and have told us it is unique and is patentable.
In case you aren't familiar with that, that means it hasn't been used in industry before as we've used it here.  Among other things, It allows us to use more high nickel super alloy than any
other 5.56 silencer in the industry.  The goal? Durability, a less intentional consequence- value added to the customer at no additional cost when compared to the competition.

Really we'd like to see our product in the hands of combat soldiers, because we are combat soldiers and it would be an honor to put build something good enough to be requested by warriors.  

We are closing out the $345 5.56 silencers. The One Zero is replacing both the Bushwacker and the Spartan at least for now.  The Bushwacker could return, but thats up in the air.  
The spartan is a flyweight 16.5 ounce 304LSS can with 26DB reduction.  That price is probably industry competitive with silencers that have specs like that.

Gear down there big shifter. I don't have knowledge of that system, that's why I asked the question. I noticed a similarity based on the drawing on your website and asked a simple question.

Damn, why do so many manufacturers these days get all butt hurt and insulting if you ask questions?

Because that takes my entire design and brings into question its originality and with it my right to claim it as my product. That's probably nearing a thousand
hours of engineering work, the culmination thus far of invested years of time.  Mountains of resources have been allocated to this project.

Maybe now you understand why people take these comments and are forced to respond seriously to them.

I don't have an M4QD.  I was issued and ran operational missions with one on a past deployment.  I've never owned one.  This project has involved a lot of invested time,
waiting to see results, and all I have right now is CFD to go on to estimate the success of this project.  So I've tested all my past projects in CFD with the intent
of developing a feeling for how CFD is applicable to silencers and how predictable it's results are to actual performance.  At the insistance of my graphic designer, I
recently did model a conceptual M4QD from pictures for a CFD study to create a item of interest for the fan page viewers.  That model was run through CFD to see
how CFD would compare it to my upcoming product that is in production currently.  Those results, minus the comparison to my product, are talked about on my website's
facebook fan page, which you can visit by following the link on the main page of our website.  You'll also get a chance to see a better concept of how the M4QD's mounting
system works there.  

I enjoyed the project, but so far I'm unconvinced CFD is completely reliable or even anything better than a fun illustration of jazzy looking graphics on the screen. The problem
right now is the program I'm using measures maximum velocity.  In nearly all products I've tested thus far that max velocity has occurred at the exit aperture where the
greatest differential of pressure exists with the imput data I've given the projects.  I recently ran a study on a prototypical silencer from a foreign manufacturer I correspond
with and it showed maximum velocity wasn't at the exit aperture- in other words outside of his baffle having a sort of strange and wonderful technology advantage, CFD's
summary results probably failed to accurately represent the performance of that product.  Accurate representation is very important as without it the output data is garbage-
how is an engineer supposed to improve something when the CFD spits him a number that may not be reflective of the element of the analysis he is looking for?

Another of the problems with it, is it's hard to depict entrance gas in a way that is both realistic and consistent from study to study. There is a bullet in a silencer in reality
and in CFD there is no bullet, so it may be a technology that just misses the boat.  Only more testing of modeled products that have real sound test data to contrast with
will be able to answer that question for me.

The fluke may be unique to that baffle system, or it may represent an error of the CFD software as it pertains to that particular baffle style so I haven't ruled anything out the study
thus far is too isolated to be evidence of a rule or anything of that nature.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the information. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Mark, what I said isn't any less true. Maybe I caught Green0 on a bad day, but the response above would have been perfectly valid the first time, and without the snark. Unrelated PM inbound. Guess not. Says you don't accept IM's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Look's like an interesting 223 can, and fuck the AAC koolaiders. if it works well and sells for a decent price  we all win IMO
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top