Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:31:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect it has A LOT to do with who that "larger firm" is....  just sayin'.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
These things happen!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to know what the hell you are talking about :D

I must be out of the loop but would appreciate being enlightened.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Definite baffle strike on that can ....   let mikey shoot it he'll shoot anything
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe because it's in the category of "rumor intelligence" at this point and there haven't been any public announcements yet?  Most of the (former?) principles from that company are banned here in any event.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe because it's in the category of "rumor intelligence" at this point and there haven't been any public announcements yet?  Most of the (former?) principles from that company are banned here in any event.

This "rumor" is sounding like pure BS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This "rumor" is sounding like pure BS.  

Hmmm, good point, it was once "rumored" that they had a particular un-named .mil contract ... which they then sued ian187 over.  

And which we then came to 187's aid in the form of financial help with his lawyer fees to the tune of around $40,000 dollars (others contributed too, of which we have no knowledge of the amounts).  

Our reasons were pure, solely to defend future issues regarding 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech rights on the internet.  

Oh well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I reckon we'll see, scouring the internet today,  there seems to be no sign of said transaction.

ETA - $40,000 correlates to $40 million in some wierd way ...  

ETA 2 - Because of what we consider a failed attempt to protect free speech on the internet, I am retracting my offer of aid to anyone else that wants to test the system.  From this point forward, you better have yourselves a large wad of buck$  ready for your attorneys if you want to be frank on the web.  

If this company wanted to buy a suppressor company there are probably a lot better choices for them.....that actually have real contracts.  I think 40mil is a little much to pay for the rumored bought out company(granted I think they make some great suppressors)

Out of curiosity....is your company Mark a publicly traded company or do you completely rule it from your mobile BBQ machine?
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
do you completely rule it from your mobile BBQ machine?

BBQ machine?  I thought it was ruled from the airborne command post in the Navion
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anybody actually know wtf is going on?

Oh I get it.  Jesus what is it with your suppressor geeks and cryptography?
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Links would be appreciated also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does anybody actually know wtf is going on?

There is no official, semi-official etc word on this.  Its just a rumor that Cerebus is buying the unnamed suppressor company for 40mil.

Right now it looks like Bullshit....but hey....If I was the unnamed company....40mil doesn't sound to bad to me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Back on track (for this forum): what about warranties and the atf assuming that this turns out to be true now or in the future?

If one had a baffle strike or needed a repair, would they take the position that:

"Company X no longer exists.  You are SOL on warranty/repair"

???

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Back on track (for this forum): what about warranties and the atf assuming that this turns out to be true now or in the future?

If one had a baffle strike or needed a repair, would they take the position that:

???

Thoughts?

If their doors shut good luck on the warranty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#18]
a defensereview post on silencer based website that goes into detail a bit more
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Ignorance is bliss at least as far as any of this goes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Well now we are on to a relevant topic then.  

IF this is true, then that would be bad.  As in "lost value."

Quoted:
Quoted:

???

Thoughts?

If their doors shut good luck on the warranty.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#21]
so ummm yall know I won the lotto? runs off to find my tickets so I can go cash it in and buy un-named companys
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
(snip)
From this point forward, you better have yourselves a large wad of buck$  ready for your attorneys if you want to be frank on the web.  [/span]

In that case, I'll be Dean, Sammy, Peter or Joey. Maybe even Bogey. Someone else can be frank.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

???

Thoughts?

Does Remington no longer exist? Bushmaster? etc.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Dude, WTF is everybody talking about?
Why is everyone beating around the bush???
Somebody "in-the-know" IM me so I can figure this out.

ETA-Got it.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

check your inbox

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Was the first link I posted not big enough? How is this?

Rumor Mill: Did Cerberus just acquire silencer/sound suppressor company Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) for $40 million?

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was the first link I posted not big enough? How is this?

Rumor Mill: Did Cerberus just acquire silencer/sound suppressor company Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) for $40 million?

Didn't realize it was a link.
Got it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Didn't realize it was a link.

Got it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How about "becasue I'm the mod of this forum and I said so?"

I really can't help snickering at that...just a bit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anybody actually
know wtf is going on?

There is no official, semi-official etc word on this.  Its just a rumor that Cerebus is buying the unnamed suppressor company for 40mil.

Right now it looks like Bullshit....but hey....If I was the unnamed company....40mil doesn't sound to bad to me.

So THAT'S what that Cerebus thread was about the other day.

Mark, when are YOUR silencers coming out?

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I catch your drift.  And I am sure their warranty policies probably carry over to Cerebus, which is probably fine & dandy with the NON NFA branch of atf.

NFA branch of ATF is a different creature altogether.  Dunno if they see things the same way (i.e., you can't return your supressor to a division of Cerebus because Cerebus did not make it originally).

But nevermind; they never make silly rulings like that (besides mounts = supressors, of course).

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

Thoughts?

Does Remington no longer exist? Bushmaster? etc.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#34]
In

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The " RULES " of this forum.

What is allowed:

––Discussion of anything Silencer-related.
If you're thinking of buying it, we'll try to help you see the pros and cons. If you already own it, we'll help you keep it running, or make it run better.

––Posting pictures of anything Silencer and info on Silencer shooting events. Please use the tacked threads to show off your Silencers.

What I am not seeing is anything that declares this area a Technical-Only or No-Fire Zone.  

Technical as in –– > " What type thread is on the end of my gizmo ? "

So, my question is, and IBTL,  when one of the larger firms in the business changes hands, why isn't that "Silencer-related" ????

Just curious or just sayin' ...

ML

How about "becasue I'm the mod of this forum and I said so?"

The Armory section of the boards are for technical discussion. If you want to talk about  business transactions, take it to the general forum.

That doesn't work too well, considering there was an announcement in my HTF that we weren't even allowed to speak about AAC
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Yet again, a non technical thread in a technical forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top