Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 9:15:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know if a YHM Phantom suppressor will fit in the YHM quad rail?
I going to order a upper but would like my suppressor half way in the rail.
OD on the Suppressor is 1.625 and ID on the Rail is 1.625 so it seems to be to tight
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I just check my 30 cal Phantom in a YHM Diamond cut rail set, slides in with about 3/16 per side clearence.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Call them and ask.  I bet they will tell you it fits and there are no heat issues and that is what they run. I think I did this before.

And currently run a 9mm XL (1.625) under the light quad rail and there are no issues.  IM if you want and I can send you pictures of 1.625 under teh 4 quad tonight.

Dan
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#4]
called YHM and I was told they set alot of uppers up this way and there is no problem with heat
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It will trap heat very badly.  You also won't be able to get to the mount for cleaning if you are using the fast-attach version of the can.  I recommend against it, but YMMV.

Mark

I'd like to see a picture
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will trap heat very badly.  You also won't be able to get to the mount for cleaning if you are using the fast-attach version of the can.  I recommend against it, but YMMV.

Mark

It would fit inside, if the barrel were shorter or the rail were longer.  But like Goldie Locks said, "It's just right.".

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

It would fit inside, if the barrel were shorter or the rail were longer.  But like Goldie Locks said, "It's just right.".

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/DSC_0011.jpg

10.5" barrel w/ 10" rail?

i've got a couple guns set up just like that too. near-flush, but still allows access to the lockring and hider threads.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
That does look perfect, would that be 11.5 barrel specter rail
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/DSC_0011.jpg

10.5" barrel w/ 10" rail?

i've got a couple guns set up just like that too. near-flush, but still allows access to the lockring and hider threads.

Yes, it's a Diamond Series Spectre length.  They're like 9 5/8".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Pictures as Requested.  

6" Barrel / YHM Spectr lgnth rail /  1.625" OD Can inside Rail

And yes I called to ask about heat before I purchased, they said it is no problem, and it hasn't been for me......

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the pic thats what i was looking for except I going with 10.5 barrel and 12" rifle rail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top