Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 6:27:36 AM EDT
I finally got my Ruger Mk II sighted in with a FastFire II sight. Working at 50', from a rest, it was right on the money.

Using the same ammo, Federal Bulk Pack, with the AAC Aviator mounted the hits were approx 2" low and 1.5" left.

This is with a PakLite threaded upper. Barrel length is 4.5" I believe.

Is this a normal occurrence? I did not attempt to re sight with the Aviator as the suppressor will not be in constant use.

If this is normal I can live with it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information.

I kind of expected to see a drop in height. Not sure why, but kind of expected it. I was surprised to see a deflection to the left though. I wonder if the orientation would make a difference. IOW, if I were to loosen the unit and rotate it 90 degrees, would the deflection be to the right?

I don't plan on actually doing this because of possible damage to the Aviator.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
This can has a quick mount thread setup, and I have that adapter on my P22. But the Ruger with the PacLite barrel is fully threaded, so other than not screwing the can all the wayonto the threads there doesn't seem to be anyway to "clock" it.

I believe the adaptor for my P22 also only allows one index position.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a peel washer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top