Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:03:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Are we still good if we order it from a dealer with one in stock and transfer it to our dealer or does the dealer have to order straight from Gemtech?

Priorities just got shifted around.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
ARG!  You guys suck!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
That fuckin rules..

I will be calling my dealer tomorrow..
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Any chance of running this special on a 5.56 suppressor?    I need one like nobody's business.  

BTW, one word on this promo.  OUTSTANDING.  

-X
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
HVT or Sandstorm and I'm in.

Wes
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread is full of WIN.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Kel is this for TUNDRA only??? If so that sucks but GREAT PROMO though!!!  I would need a BLACKSIDE in 40 I am still waiting for the paperwork for my M496D
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
this is sooo tempting
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]
MI sucks, we can't have suppressors.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know if there i a spacer to replace the LID?  If so I am in....

Link Posted: 4/15/2009 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
but i want a multimount gemtech!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Dang. If I had a job, I'd buy one. Then I'd buy a 9mm pistol to go with it!

Ry
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, that is certainly one way to move some stock.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#17]
jeez....now I REALLY need to move on getting a 9mm suppressor....

nice offer gemtech!
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#19]

My buddy needs one of those piston blocks and I'll probably need one in the future.

Ordered my tan Tundra this morning at 417 guns.

Procrastinating pays off as I've been going back and forth as to when to get one, couldn't pass up this deal.

yak

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered 2 today, one in black and one in desert tan.

I already have an Oasis 10-22 and that thing is super quiet, the action makes the most noise other then the bullet hitting the target.
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#21]
That's a kickass promotion and a hell of a deal.  Might need to consider the Tundra again.

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#22]

I don't mean to derail too much, but holy shit where did you get those grips for the sig? They're gorgeous.
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Well at least you don't have to do something stupid like get "Branded for Life" to get your can.

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy Shit!

I already have one, but I have two guns.   And I happen to know there are a few in stock at work.  

Damn, now to figue out how to pay for & hide this from the wife.

You guys are great!   Thanks Kel (and GemTech) !  

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Kudos to Gemtech for a cool idea.

But, how long are form 2s (dealer to dealer)  taking these days?
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
This is why I decided on GemTech as my 1st suppressor! THIS is why I support my local business's (I live in Idaho Falls) THIS is why GemTech is getting my business. Unfortunately, I am scraping the money together for their G5, so this offer doesn't help me at all...... but I can now say, GEM-TECH ROCKS! Very cool offer for those that need a 9mm can.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Any pictures of the Flat Dark Earth Tundras?
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I ordered a black and desert tan today.

I already have the Oasis 10-22 and that thing is awesome quiet. The action makes more noise than the round going off, just a little
clack and thats it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://i39.tinypic.com/14y0iyx.gif

Quoted:
Any pictures of the Flat Dark Earth Tundras?

As pointed out, we make the TUNDRA suppressor in both matte black and FDE Tan.  We're limited on the tan ones: They were made for an Army client, and there's not as many of the FDE ones left in stock as the black ones.  Timer's ticking, get 'em while you can, Gemtax-free...

:)

Kel

TEAM GEMTECH GUY

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u7q3aa.jpg

I got mine ordered today, did not know they were limited.

Good thing I did not waste any time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#32]
You're gonna sell a ton of these. I'll be one of them if I can get my guy to reply to me
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Can you use one of these on a 9mm AR?
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#34]
You would need the fixed barrel spacer and the correct threads.
AR 9mm is usually 1/2x36

I believe the tundra has 1/2x28 and the metric M13.5x1LH
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I also see the AAC Triad three lug adapter will work, But I'm sure that Gemtech would not warranty that.

I wonder how they managed to make some thing that close that the triad will work on both Gemtech that is
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You would need the fixed barrel spacer and the correct threads.
AR 9mm is usually 1/2x36

I believe the tundra has 1/2x28 and the metric M13.5x1LH

I have two AR's that are 1/2X28 and one that is 1/2X36.  Seems to vary......

Dan
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, no local dealers had them in stock anywhere around here so I purchased and paid for my Tundra from an out of state dealer today.
Form 3 should be on it's way to the ATF very soonthen I'll get rolling on the Form 4.

Great promotion!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I also see the AAC Triad three lug adapter will work, But I'm sure that Gemtech would not warranty that.

I wonder how they managed to make some thing that close that the triad will work on both Gemtech that is
You think it might be because they are the same diameter and then the only other factor would be thread pitch.Which is a pitch that is used by a number of manufacturers.              

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you use one of these on a 9mm AR?
Yes. The tundra ships with the piston spacer.So all you would need is your 9mm AR threaded in .5x28.

Link Posted: 4/19/2009 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think it might be because they are the same diameter and then the only other factor would be thread pitch.Which is a pitch that is used by a number of manufacturers.              

The piston system in the Tundra is almost exactly like the EVO. HMMMMMMMMM
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well at least you don't have to do something stupid like get "Branded for Life" to get your can.

HEY!

I wanted to do that....
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, if you all get the ATFE to resind "your" requested "clarification" on the rebuilding of cans and the paying of another TAX each time, maybe then I'll be able to forgive you.  

Until then GEMTAX is a dirty word in my book.  

But cudos on your marketing deal paying the tax and all for your future customers that you all have already screwed over.

Thanks to you all, all cans made by everyone are now "durable" items.  And no durable in this case doesn't mean that they are better.

Good luck getting anything replaced after it breaks or wears out boys.  We can thank Gemtech for that.  

Hey don't be mad, you all brought up the Gem-TAX.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well, if you all get the ATFE to resind "your" requested "clarification" on the rebuilding of cans and the paying of another TAX each time, maybe then I'll be able to forgive you.  

But cudos on your marketing deal paying the tax and all for your future customers that you all have already screwed over.

Thanks to you all, all cans made by everyone are now "durable" items.  And no durable in this case doesn't mean that they are better.

Good luck getting anything replaced after it breaks or wears out boys.  We can thank Gemtech for that.  

You only have to pay tax again if the serialized tube is replaced.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The piston system in the Tundra is almost exactly like the EVO. HMMMMMMMMM
Kind of how most of aac's internals a few years back were damn near identical to Gemtechs cans. Gemtech and aac have a history together and I dont know who's ideas were who's,but what I do know is that a lot of aac's designs were awfully similar to other stuff out there.On the other hand there is only so many different ways to shove some metal inside a metal tube.Most of the companies out there these days make a very nice product.One of the major things I look at is customer service and Gemtech has always treated me great along with a few other companies out there  

Link Posted: 4/19/2009 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Call me crazy but if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't want items that I had no involvement in running around carrying my name on the side. I don't fault Gemtech for the BATFE's faulty reasoning any more so than other can manufacturers who were doing some shady dealings IMO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call me crazy but if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't want items that I had no involvement in running around carrying my name on the side. I don't fault Gemtech for the BATFE's faulty reasoning any more so than other can manufacturers who were doing some shady dealings IMO.

Link Posted: 4/19/2009 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#48]
If they treat you right and give you a good product there is no reason to dislike them.
I have Gemtech and AAC products and have nothing against either company.

All I know is I want more cans.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Go troll elsewhere with that noise.    The laws were the same before and after Gemtech's inquiry.  I'm sure you'd be fine with someone taking a suppressor you made, changing it completely, and then stamping YOUR name and serial number on their illegally built suppressor.  

If you have a problem with the current laws, do something about it like write your congressman or senator and work to get the NFA laws/taxes repealed or changed.  Talking smack about a suppressor manufacturer on a gun board isn't constructive at all to the shooting community.  

They (Gov) have got us fighting eachother like dogs over table scraps..

-X
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't mind fighting amongst companies, that's competition.  But when you go to the ATFE complaining, that affects us all.  I own silencers from 4 different companies.  Gemtech is one of them.  
Some of these have an aluminum main tube, that can be easily damaged when rebuilt.  There is a principal here.  
They let their squabling affect the rest of us by whinning to the ATFE.  
I own the can, (I used to own the serial #) why can't I crush/destroy the old and rebuild a new one at my lesure without having the ATFE involved all of the time?  
What happens if this paltry $200 tax goes up to $2000 or more?  We are all screwed....  I'm just thinking for the future.
It makes me mad that our own worst enemies in the shooting field are ourselves and the companies that produce the said product.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top