Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 3:02:00 PM EDT
Do the Glock’s require a booster to function (cycle) properly when suppressed?  The reason I ask is I have a YHM 9mm XL QD on order and have already taken possession of the QD which is 1/2x28, and my AR SBR 9mm has a 1/2x36 threading on the barrel.  I would hate for the QD go to waste.  I will most likely order a replacement, but was wondering if I could shoot my Glock with this can?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do the Glock’s require a booster to function (cycle) properly when suppressed?  The reason I ask is I have a YHM 9mm XL QD on order and have already taken possession of the QD which is 1/2x28, and my AR SBR 9mm has a 1/2x36 threading on the barrel.  I would hate for the QD go to waste.  I will most likely order a replacement, but was wondering if I could shoot my Glock with this can?

Thanks,
D

Sorry, I should have added this:

YHM

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes - you will need a booster to run your YHM can on a Glock.

There are a handful of small cans that are light enough that they don't require a booster on a Browning-style action (like the Glock).  However, due to the size they all need to be shot wet to be at all effective.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes - you will need a booster to run your YHM can on a Glock.

There are a handful of small cans that are light enough that they don't require a booster on a Browning-style action (like the Glock).  However, due to the size they all need to be shot wet to be at all effective.

Thanks for the help,
D
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I am also looking into buying an aac can for my glock 23...  when you say booster, where do you get one? and who makes a good one?  I am thinking of making the purchases from Impactguns.com and looking at the BAR-STO threaded barrel to go with it but I am open to ideas

Not trying to thread jack but would like some more knowledge on what was posted
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW I suppressed my G17 and wish I didn't bother(however it did come in handy on my MPA).  It's uncomfortable due to it snapping up making follow up shots difficult, just not fun IMO. The Trinity was my first can and I have since purchased an Outback II and Gemtech G5.  Not sure if this will be your first but I would start with a .22 can.  I know this was not your question but knowing how long the process is to get a can, I just want to give you a heads up and let you know I thinik a .22 can is much more fun.  It may be best to order a booster and can from the same manufacturer if you do decide to go that route.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am also looking into buying an aac can for my glock 23...  when you say booster, where do you get one? and who makes a good one?  I am thinking of making the purchases from Impactguns.com and looking at the BAR-STO threaded barrel to go with it but I am open to ideas

Not trying to thread jack but would like some more knowledge on what was posted
They are made by the company that made the can you purchase.Impact's prices are a little steep.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]
well this actualy helps my choice because I was looking to either pick up a can for the rifle or one for my glock first... and from the comments Im just going to stick with the one for the rifle...  

I figured something was up since when I looked up glock 23 suppressed every video I watched they had loading/chambering issues and seeing that I have ran around 3000 rounds threw this glock without one fail to fire or fail to chamber I am not interested in making a great pistol a headache

thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FWIW I suppressed my G17 and wish I didn't bother(however it did come in handy on my MPA).  It's uncomfortable due to it snapping up making follow up shots difficult, just not fun IMO. The Trinity was my first can and I have since purchased an Outback II and Gemtech G5.  Not sure if this will be your first but I would start with a .22 can.  I know this was not your question but knowing how long the process is to get a can, I just want to give you a heads up and let you know I thinik a .22 can is much more fun.  It may be best to order a booster and can from the same manufacturer if you do decide to go that route.

If you take the booster end off your Trinity and put the thread mount end on it, put it on a Beretta and you'll love it!  The Trinity is also great on a .22, just a little big.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The trinity is a sealed can, 22LR is very dirty and will foul the suppressor with lead build up.  I would strongly suggest you don't shoot rimfire through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top