Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2009 11:33:56 PM EDT
Hi!
I'm wanting to abuild a lightweight .308 precision rifle...

I'm seriously considering a Rem 700 LTR w/ AAC SCAR-H (due to the MITER capability) or the Cyclone.  I'm told though, that cans on bolt guns usually dont effect group size very much anyway.

I havent seen any meter'd results on the SCAR-H but given that the M4/SPR metered so well and is basically the same design in 5.56, I figured that can would do well too.

The Cyclone has been meter'd recently though and comes out a little over 30 dB reduction...and it is 4 ounces lighter then the SCAR-H.

Ok... here's what I need to know. In your opinion, which can offers better actual sound suppression for a 20" .308 given the same ammo?  And do you really think that being able to adjust the can to the rifle matters?

Given that a want a lightweight overall package, is there any .308 can that offers similiar suppression for less weight... assuming of course it isn't $$$ over the Cyclone or Scar-H?

Also, does anyone know the OD of the LTR barrel?  I cant seem to find out that info.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my Gemtech HVT on my 700 LTR .308 quite a bit.  I went with the bi-lock tension type mount, very happy.  1 inch MOA @ 100 all day long.  Though the POI shift is 1.25" or so down comparing no suppressor to suppressor attached.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an AAC 7.62 SD on my LTR, get about 1/2" POI shift @ 100 yds. not enough to worry about.
That thing is awesome, also use it on my 6.8 rifles.
If your gonna fork out the $$ get a QD that way you can use on multiple guns easier.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
All the metering results I've seen show the 7.62SD as being louder then the Cyclone.  I like the QD capability, but if the SCAR-H is quieter (and it has QD capability), I'd rather have that or the Cyclone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like my Gemtech HVT on my 700 LTR .308 quite a bit.  I went with the bi-lock tension type mount, very happy.  1 inch MOA @ 100 all day long.  Though the POI shift is 1.25" or so down comparing no suppressor to suppressor attached.

+1

700 LTR with AICS 2.0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top