Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 1:39:29 AM EDT
I'm looking for a picture, I think I saw it in this forum, or atleast on arfcom, it was a diagram of the 1/2x28 thread pitch, with measurements and so forth. I'd like to find that diagram so I can take it to my gunsmith because he is going to make a thread adapter for my rifle.

Suppressors here are almost always in 1/2x20 UNF, but AR's are in 1/2x28 TPI and is something of an unknown here, I am not sure if the gunsmith only has the info for 1/2x28 UNF threads or if he has for 1/2x28 TPI too.

I'd like to find that diagram to make sure.

Also I don't know but maybe UNF and TPI are the same?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
1/2"x28TPI means the threads are half an inch in diamter and there are 28 threads per inch.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a .pdf file of the 1/2 x 28 thread pattern that YHM makes available in their installation instructions.

www.yhm.net/store/media/.223.pdf

You will need Adobe or some other .pdf reader to view.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a picture, I think I saw it in this forum, or atleast on arfcom, it was a diagram of the 1/2x28 thread pitch, with measurements and so forth. I'd like to find that diagram so I can take it to my gunsmith because he is going to make a thread adapter for my rifle.

Suppressors here are almost always in 1/2x20 UNF, but AR's are in 1/2x28 TPI and is something of an unknown here, I am not sure if the gunsmith only has the info for 1/2x28 UNF threads or if he has for 1/2x28 TPI too.

I'd like to find that diagram to make sure.

Also I don't know but maybe UNF and TPI are the same?

http://www.silencerresearch.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=367

There are three companies threading specs on my site.  AAC's, Gemtech, and YHM.

Silencer Research
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top