Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 5:28:26 PM EDT
I am getting close to buying a suppressor for my AR15s in 223. I also have the old Colt 22Lr kit were you replace the 223 bolt carrier group with the 22 Lr group. And it has the 22 mag about the size of a 223 20 round mag.

Do you see any problem shooting 22Lr ammo through a can in this way?

Maybe the sub sonic CB shorts?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What I was wondering about is shooting 22lr in the 223 barrel with a 1/7 twist rate.

Any chance of a baffle strike? Should be much quieter than .223?
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
All sub sonic 22 lr ammo I have seen is lead. Will lead 22lr sub sonic bullets get lead in the suppressor?

How about the 22 lr 60gr lead bullets through a 1/7 twist barrel?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot .22lr with a conversion kit on a M-4A1 Carbine with a Gemtech suppressor mounted.  It worked awesome. No known baffle strikes. I am not saying it cant happen just that I was happy with it.

Erik
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am getting close to buying a suppressor for my AR15s in 223. I also have the old Colt 22Lr kit were you replace the 223 bolt carrier group with the 22 Lr group. And it has the 22 mag about the size of a 223 20 round mag.

Do you see any problem shooting 22Lr ammo through a can in this way?

Maybe the sub sonic CB shorts?
You will NOT get CB shorts to run through ANY AR15 .22LR conversion.  The magazines and feed systems are built for LR only.  Sorry, but that's how the mechanics of them work.

On the other hand, the Colt conversion should run just fine for you, and the only thing to worry about is the gunk that accumulates from using .22 ammunition (which is typically quite filthy).  Many people insist that using plated bullet ammo is the only way to go.  I can't address using one of these adapters with a silenced rifle, but I have a great time with my M261 conversion in my Rock River AR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top