Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 1:27:02 PM EDT
So I am thinking about sending my CZ 452 (22 MAG) out to have the barrel threaded for use with my rimfire suppressor.  My 10/ 22 is extremely quiet and fun to play with, but my CZ has a lot more ass and range.  I am using a YHM MITE and its rated for 17 HMR and 22 Mag, but I don't know how well it will suppress.  Any insight or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It will sound similar to an unsuppressed .22LR out of a long-barreled bolt-action.  Or try shooting some supersonic .22LR with a can installed, and that is probably exactly what it will sound like.

It is kind of cool, depending on the terrain where you are shooting.  Sometimes it sounds like the shot is coming from 50 yds. in front of you.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So I am thinking about sending my CZ 452 (22 MAG) out to have the barrel threaded for use with my rimfire suppressor.  My 10/ 22 is extremely quiet and fun to play with, but my CZ has a lot more ass and range. I am using a YHM MITE and its rated for 17 HMR and 22 Mag, but I don't know how well it will suppress.  Any insight or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Where did you find this info? I'm not disagreeing with you I'd just like to confirm it as I've got a mite on the way putting it on a .17 HMR would be sweet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I called YHM last week and spoke to one of their reps about having the barrel threaded on my Savage 93 17 hmr.  Incidently, they couldn't do it, but while I had them on the phone I asked them about what calibers I could shoot out of my Mite and he told me it would be fine to shoot 17 hmr and 22 mag. Even with the alum. baffle stack.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top