Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 6:03:42 PM EDT
The paper work on my first can (from my AR) will hopefully be in soon and I am planning a second purchase, this time for a pistol.  

After close to 40 years of shooting, I have absolutely fallen in love with the Beretta Px4 Storm in .40 and would like to use it as a host.  I found a company that makes an extended barrel for it but can find no one that has actually put a suppressor on one.

Anyone have thoughts or comments?  Anyone actually run one with a suppressor?

Seems like the rotary barrel would significantly change the dynamics during firing.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cougar 45 with silencer, works fine, tightens on opening, loosens on closing, but it's aalways just a little loose so hasn't been an issue. It cycles without a booster.

Had a PX4 9mm barrel extended & thread, it wouldn't cycle without a booster, and there's no advantage to the platform.

I'd say not to waste your time/ money.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent emails to Beretta, Elk Fire Dragon (after market barrel maker for the Px4)  Gemtech and AAC.  

Elk Fire Dragon responded that they sell barrels for it, but had never had a request to thread on.

Gemtech provided some real insight:

height=8
The problem with suppressing the PX4 pistols is the rotating barrel assembly that they use. A standard boosted suppressor will not work properly, it requires a special, rotating booster. Gemtech was contracted by Beretta to develop such a booster, however, that development, and the final product was paid for by Beretta. We cannot sell that system without their approval. The development was done on the .45 platform as part of the US Military Joint Combat Pistol program that was cancelled.

Regards,
Gemtech Staff

Guess its time to give up on this mission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top