Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:02:55 PM EDT
I am working on my first NFA item, an SBR.  In the future I want to add a suppressor.  My question is will I have problems with a QD suppressor on a 10.5" barrell?  Will the bayonet lug interfere? Should I consider a 11.5" barrell instead?  THANKS!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am working on my first NFA item, an SBR.  In the future I want to add a suppressor.  My question is will I have problems with a QD suppressor on a 10.5" barrell?  Will the bayonet lug interfere? Should I consider a 11.5" barrell instead?  THANKS!

Nope.  Unless you want a reflex design can.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just replace my 10.25" barrel with a 11.5".  Only because I'm getting a gas piston system.  Something else to consider.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Gemtech G-5 for my 10.3 cmmg upper w/ bayo lug. I had to order a

short barreled M16/HK416 (1/2-28) quik-mount flash hider. $90.00 by the way. The

locking ears are spaced forward to allow enough clearence for the bayo lug.

The standard AR15/M16 flash hider that came with the suppressor will go on my 16in.

Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an AAC Omni on an LMT 10.5" - works for me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top