Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 5:11:26 PM EDT
Does anyone here have experience with the Etreme Shock subsonic ammo and an AAC M-4 -2000 suppressor . Does it cycle the action ? Does it properly stabilize in a !/7 twist barrel?  Thanx!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a couple boxes through my 1:7 11.5" SBR w/ a Gem Tech M4-02.

It does stablize & function the gun.   I shot a decent group at 25 yards (3" low )

But once you chamber that stuff you gotta shoot it.   I tried to clear an unsot round and pulled the bullet out of the caseing.  Dumping powder everywhere.  

We also tried it in a 16" gun with a Gem Tech 96D and wit did function and group, but again, we were not able to remove a chambered round w/o pulling the bullet free from the case.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont have an aac can, but i have used extreme shock "match grade anti-terrorist subsonic ammo" in the cycling and non-cycling versions in my mk12mod1.  neither one cycled, iout of 80 rounds, i had about 5 stick while chambering, had to beat charging handle with wood block to get out, and 3 leave the projectiles in the bore when i cleared.  they were quiet, but i would not depend on them for much .  EBR 69 grain subsonic match fared better,  not cycling, but also not getting stuck.  accuracy of both were disappointing to me. ymmv
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't speak from personal experience having never fired it, but I'm pretty sure using subsonic ammunition in AACs RIFLE cans will void your warranty. If something bad does happen, expect to pay for it. Besides unless you just want quiet as can be it's my general understanding that subsonic .223/5.56 ammunition has terrible ballistic performance as this is a calibre that relies heavily on velocity to do it's job. You would be better off using something in a pistol calibre if you need truly quiet and are planning for more then punching holes in paper.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can't speak from personal experience having never fired it, but I'm pretty sure using subsonic ammunition in AACs RIFLE cans will void your warranty. If something bad does happen, expect to pay for it. Besides unless you just want quiet as can be it's my general understanding that subsonic .223/5.56 ammunition has terrible ballistic performance as this is a calibre that relies heavily on velocity to do it's job. You would be better off using something in a pistol calibre if you need truly quiet and are planning for more then punching holes in paper.

Noone has ever tested the powdered tungsten bullets that ES uses in their ammo at subsonic velociities so noone can make any assumptions or generalisations with the ammo performance.

For those with stuck bullets was this with the older 127 grain ammo or the newer 100 grain ammo?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
what i had was the 127 grain nytrillium ammo. it was black with gold specks.  fun to shoot, but not accurate that i experienced.  no baffle strikes, but not many target strikes either. i didn't shoot at paper, i shot at objects. it was best used to impress people with the can.

+1 to using pistol caliber for quiet work.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The 100 grain ammo is supposed to solve the poor accuracy with 127 due to lack of stabilisation.  I used to think it was funny their ad had "sub MOA" in reference to that ammo... in what,,, a 1/5 barrel?  Eventually I will have enough time and money to shoot some of the 100 grain through my upper and see what it is like through my SPR/M4 can.  I just dont have the $50 to throw in the trash to see what it is like at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top