Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2007 4:50:52 PM EDT
As the title says...

I am going to be needing to get a can for my Spike's upper that will handle automatic fire.  I like what I see out of Zack3g's SRT Comanche in his posted vid's.  The Comanche is certainly an option.  Let me ask you this: what if I got something like a Tac 16?  It can handle automatic fire on .223, so why not .22lr?  I could swap it on and off my .223 upper as well.  Is there a good reason for not doing this?  I wouldn't buy a .223 can but if it could serve double duty then it may not be a bad thing.  Besides, it can be disassembled for cleaning.  Thoughts please...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
the tac16 is horridly inefficient as a .22 can. you would think it would work better with all the added volume but for some reason this isn't the case.

you could do it, sure, but it wouldn't perform as well as a purpose built .22 can.

I'm quite happy with my SRT can, they are excellent.

whatever can you get, make sure it is easy to take apart for cleaning.

sealed cans + full auto .22 are BAD.

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a two 22 cans at the dealer right now (he called me at dinner), bioth from Tactical Innovations; a Quest and a Diamond.  Both are FA rated and can be disassembled.  I'll probably hit the range with one of them tomorrow.

I have a YHM 5.56 can; it makes for a very heavy 22 supressor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say something like the Quest, or even check out the ETS offerings. 5.56 cans don't seem to be as efficient as purpose-designed .22 cans. The Prodigy is supposed to be able to handle F/A fire but even still I'd rather have a stainless can if you're gonna be playing with a happy switch. The new SWR Spectre has some great expectations, and I'm pretty sure that would be my first choice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks JohnnyC, ETS does make 2 .22lr cans . one is all AL with a SS endcap ,the other is SS internals and endcap with a Ti outer sleeve . they are a onepiece internal so getting them out and reassembling them is easier than a multiple piece can. both are also good for the rimfire .22mags and the .17 rimfires .

the SS templar is made with lots of full-auto in mind such as the am180 . here is a video of the Al crusader during testing on a AM180 . it worked but a few dumps would do in the blast baffle .

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quest.

Or, if you're really going to beat it up, get the diamond.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you would be happy with the Quest.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
YHM Mite its a pretty good can. Full-auto rated and it will break down so you can clean it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have anything to say about the mite
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Go to "Free Silencer Reviews"

Link

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It is light (3 oz), comes apart for cleaning and should be cleaned after every shooting session, it is not as quiet on a pistol as some of my quietest sealed cans (Warlock, Cheyenne XL, Outback-II) but is quieter than some other sealed cans.

Another real stout FA rated can is the SRT Comanche.  It also comes apart for cleaning.  The SRT Comanche did very well against other cans in a recent test.  See Silencer Research 22 cal Cans

Dave
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I vote for the SRT Commanche.  I have two, one of which stays on my M16 with Ceiner .22 conversion kit.  It handles full auto just fine.  I have about 30 to 35 Ceiner 30 round mags and I can unload them all thru the can in short order with no ill effect.  I have not disassembled it yet for cleaning.  Only have about 4K rounds thru it.  .22 suppressed ful-auto is a good time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Prodigy
Mite
SWR's new take apart
SRT Commanche
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Prodigy
Mite
SWR's new take apart
SRT Commanche

The Prodigy is NOT full auto rated.  I should note that AAC has recalled this suppressor because some production models are loud and they are replacing the cores for free.  Contact them for more details.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top