Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 2:07:43 PM EDT
Title says it all--I've read about a couple guys who boasted about their 8 day turn around. When I called BATFE, they said anywhere from 1-2 months--but usually 3 weeks after the check clears. BUT, what is the real world experiencing?

The suspense is terrible--I've already lined up several more projects.....this isn't good for those of us into immediate gratification
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
From check cashed to suppressor in hand............8 days!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I just mailed in my Form 4 yesterday for my second suppressor.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
I'm hoping for one of those 8 day turn around periods!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dunno where you guys are sending yours but it took them that long to cash my damn check.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dunno where you guys are sending yours but it took them that long to cash my damn check.

Amen. It took them 10 days to cash mine; mailed my paperwork on 5/20, had the check cashed on 5/30 and still waiting...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, they cashed the check this week--it was mailed a week ago. I guess that's a good start. So I've got another 3 weeks based on the ATFE agent.

I'd like to make a motion that the NFA of 1934 be rendered outdated and a violation of our rights to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness

Because happiness-----is a warm gun, yes it is. Oh, and suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
mine went out on the 1st check was cashed on the 4th and approved on the 15th now i am just waiting on the forms.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have found that all of my transfers within the last few months have been 3 weeks from cashing the check and a few days after that to my dealer.  Sure beats 6mo to a year in the old days.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have found that all of my transfers within the last few months have been 3 weeks from cashing the check and a few days after that to my dealer.  Sure beats 6mo to a year in the old days.

I just started getting into class III and I could not imagine the old days. 6 months to a year! That must have drove you guys to drink!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I just mailed in (2) form 4's last Thursday and the checks were cashed on Monday.  That's pretty damn quick!  Hopefully the rest of the process will be as prompt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]
my check was cashed in two days on this last one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just started getting into class III and I could not imagine the old days. 6 months to a year! That must have drove you guys to drink!

Yep, i am pretty new to class 3 too but my first form 1 took 4mo and i thought that was forever.  Since the nfa branch moved to WV things have been great.  Way to go ATF.  I have read horror stories about transfers that have taken over a year.  That would have killed me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow--I didn't know they'll process 2 forms at the same time.... I just assumed they would only do 1 at a time.

Progress, ya gotta love it...
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Title says it all--I've read about a couple guys who boasted about their 8 day turn around. When I called BATFE, they said anywhere from 1-2 months--but usually 3 weeks after the check clears. BUT, what is the real world experiencing?

The suspense is terrible--I've already lined up several more projects.....this isn't good for those of us into immediate gratification

Mine was in for almost a month and no call from my dealer.

I stopped in to check on something else and asked about it.

'Oh yeah, your paperwork is here'

How long would it have sit there before they called me?

(form sent and returned in about 3 weeks)

Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine was in for almost a month and no call from my dealer.

I stopped in to check on something else and asked about it.

'Oh yeah, your paperwork is here'

How long would it have sit there before they called me?

(form sent and returned in about 3 weeks)

That was my problem too.  Now, after 3 weeks of cashing the check, i call the atf get the approved date and email my dealer telling him to look for it in the mail.  He responds much quicker now that he knows i know when the forms got approved.  I don't mind waiting an extra week for the dealer to notify me because i'm sure he is busy too but when it turns into 2-3 weeks that in my opinion is just being lazy on his end.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#15]
What is the BATFE # to check on status? I called one and was told I had to call another, but the person didn't know what # to call now that they moved.

I am concerned about my dealer sitting on it for a couple weeks--or even losing it! He says he runs his shop in a "wildfire" way--he doesn't get worried about things until someone is calling & screaming. I haven't had a response to my last email about my next project.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What is the BATFE # to check on status? I called one and was told I had to call another, but the person didn't know what # to call now that they moved.

I am concerned about my dealer sitting on it for a couple weeks--or even losing it! He says he runs his shop in a "wildfire" way--he doesn't get worried about things until someone is calling & screaming. I haven't had a response to my last email about my next project.

Thanks.

this is the number i use Phone: 304 616-4500
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#18]
12 days from the day I put it in the mail to the day it was received (approved) back by the dealer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top