Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:10:27 PM EDT
Purely a host for the suppressor, no other needs.

Considering cost, the winner is the Glock. I can get a threaded Glock for less than $600 to the door, while the threaded Sig option will cost $725 for a CPO model or $900 for the 226 Tactical. On top of the Sig option is the need to purchase a $75 LID from AAC to match the Euro threads.

Are there any reasons NOT to go with the Glock for the host?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Considering cost, the winner is the Glock. I can get a threaded Glock for less than $600 to the door, while the threaded Sig option will cost $725 for a CPO model or $900 for the 226 Tactical. On top of the Sig option is the need to purchase a $75 LID from AAC to match the Euro threads.

The Tactical I got was less than that.  Check out Jeff Schram (sp?) and Clyde Armory and see what they have.  Call them.  They can be found on Sturmgewehr.com

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for the Glock this is from a SIG fan.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my HK SD with the Evolution.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a G17 with a SWR Trident 9, it runs great, but it is a little long.

I need to get a threaded barrel for my G19.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Tactical I got was less than that.  Check out Jeff Schram (sp?) and Clyde Armory and see what they have.  Call them.  They can be found on Sturmgewehr.com

You have both, shall i take it you prefer the Sig?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have both, shall i take it you prefer the Sig?

I have the Glock 17, the Glock 19 and the Sig P226 Tactical (plus the Beretta 92FS)...

The Sig has the "looks" and the Glock has the function; and the Glock is a hell of a lot cheaper and doesn't require the metric mounts.  The Glocks are, have been, and will always be the ugliest pistols of the group.  

I really think you will be happy with the Glock 19.  You can come try out all of my 9mm pistols and compare if you are up this way and have the time.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Another +1 on the glock 19, although mine is not suppressed yet.  It always works.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
My G19/KKM bbl with SWR/Trident9 would not function wet. I went through about 1k rds. sub ammo many of which were single shot and had to hand cycle(PIA). Still testing method/amount of ablative to use for reliability. Matt with SWR told me the G17 functions better with the Trident and the G34 was best for function/suppression. As for the metric mount, I highly recommend! The LH thread pattern keeps the can tight on my HK USP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm using a CCF/Swiss Impuls II A on both a Walther P99 and a W. German P226 in 9mmx19.
While I bought it initially for the Walther, I think I actually like it better on the SIG.
Between the two setups, the SIG runs 100% with the same ammo.
I'm having some trouble with the side on the Walther returning back into battery a couple of rounds in every magazine fired.
The SIG looks better also.
I'm looking for a G17 upper right now so I can try the Impuls II A on a Glock pistol.
My next can will be an AAC Evo-9 for both pistols.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#10]
You wont go wrong with a Glock Combo! I run an AAC Evo-9 on a G-19 and G-17 and it runs flawless! I own quite a few suppressors for various weapons and a suppressed glock is almost spookey quiet. It really far passed my expectations for a suppressed firearm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You wont go wrong with a Glock Combo! I run an AAC Evo-9 on a G-19 and G-17 and it runs flawless! I own quite a few suppressors for various weapons and a suppressed glock is almost spookey quiet. It really far passed my expectations for a suppressed firearm.

I ask this out of pure curiosity.
Why would, lets say, a G17 w/an AAC Evo-9 be any quieter than a SIG P226 with the same can and ammo combo?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not saying that it is any quieter than a Sig. That's just the combo I have and it is very quiet and functions perfect. I plan on also getting a threaded barrel for my SIG 226 as well. I imagine the report would be the same.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I like the G34, G17. I'm waiting on a barrel for my 226.  My G19 doesn't seem to want to work suppressed reliably. It works fine unsuppressed. I've tried it with: AAC Evo9, SWR Shadow9, YHM Cobra,  SWR Trident. It only seems to work when everything is very clean and I don't hold it too tightly. This is with 4 or 5 different ammo types. I've found that if I hold it really really tight (almost like it were in a ransom rest) it just doesn't work.  On that note, there are some peope that I've seen that just can't shoot a suppressed gun. The last shoot I went to a guy was shooting my G34 with Shadow9 and AE147. It would just not work for him. He would struggle through 5 rounds and it just wouldn't work, I would take the gun from him and it would work fine, he would take it back and it wouldn't.

You gotta learn to hold a glock the RIGHT way Matt....

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I shoot my Evo-9 on my Walther P-99 , Sig 226 tac ,and HK USP9SD.

The USP 9SD shoots the best. With the raised and adjustable night sites, jet funnel
and 18 round mags ,and a great trigger , it is an all day shooter.

Lots of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top