Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:31:07 PM EDT
OK, so I'm looking at adding a factory suppressor to the collection.  I would like one that can take 40 S&W, 10mm and the latter in F/A as I completing my 10mm AR platform.  Sidearms are 1911 10mm, HK USP 40 as well as P99 40.  Would like a suppressor that can be used for all of these (SMG and side arms) and moved around relatively easily.  The Trinity system but for a 10mm I guess?  Also, where can I find threaded barrels in 40 cal for the UPS and the P99 (CCFA appears to have the USP, but what about the P99 40?)  TIA
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A possibility is the AAC Evolution-40. They sell their Evolution-9, with a fixed spacer to replace the recoil booster, as a SMG can. I don't know if they will rate the .40 version for 10mm, you'll have to ask them. You'll need the recoil booster to cycle your pistols, of course.

As for barrels, for the USP, you could get a factory barrel, which is threaded 14.5x1 LH. Jarvis Custom also makes such a barrel. Jarvis makes barrels for the 9mm P99, but he doesn't list one for the .40, but the name does say "custom."

Hopefully these ideas will get you started.

BTW, I'm interested in hearing about your 10mm AR. Is it gas operated?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A possibility is the AAC Evolution-40. They sell their Evolution-9, with a fixed spacer to replace the recoil booster, as a SMG can. I don't know if they will rate the .40 version for 10mm, you'll have to ask them. You'll need the recoil booster to cycle your pistols, of course.

As for barrels, for the USP, you could get a factory barrel, which is threaded 14.5x1 LH. Jarvis Custom also makes such a barrel. Jarvis makes barrels for the 9mm P99, but he doesn't list one for the .40, but the name does say "custom."

Hopefully these ideas will get you started.

BTW, I'm interested in hearing about your 10mm AR. Is it gas operated?

From AAC's faq's on the Evo-40:

2. Which .40/10mm caliber semiautomatic pistols can be used with the Evolution 40?

Beretta model 96
The Glock models 20, 22, 23, and 35
Heckler & Koch USP Compact .40, USP .40, and USP Tactical .40
Sig/Sauer P226 .40, P229 .40

5. Can I use the Evolution 40 on a rifle or carbine?

Yes. By replacing the driving spring in the Evolution 40 with an accessory called the Fixed Barrel Weapon Spacer, it can be safely used on a fixed barrel firearm.

8. Can I shoot full auto through my Evolution 40?

pproximately 30% for upThe Evolution 40 will tolerate intermittent full auto fire.

www.advancedarmament.com/faq/fevolution40.asp
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
BTTT, because I want to hear more about Marty's 10mm AR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTTT, because I want to hear more about Marty's 10mm AR.

I got to looking at it, and the 10mm is not my primary, the 40 is.  So I opted against the 10mm AR and am going the 40 route on it.  ALso because RRA will be coming out with one and I have a specialty load I wish to use for it ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top