Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 7:07:46 AM EDT
Can I use a 9mm supressor for .22,.223, and what ever else will fit?

I know this is not the "most suppresion capable" setup, but I know some of you have tried it, just looking for real world reports.

How about a .223 can on a 22?

As always, Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can I use a 9mm supressor for .22,.223, and what ever else will fit?

Yep

I know this is not the "most suppresion capable" setup, but I know some of you have tried it, just looking for real world reports.

There's the rub, I've only seen it. It wont work as well as a can for the specific calibur

How about a .223 can on a 22?

Yep

As always, Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a SWR Trident 9 can and use it on a Walther P22 and a Ruger and it works as well as the SWR Warlock .22 can I have.  

I called SWR first and they said, "Sure, no problem" and when I asked if the dirty .22's would crud it up, they told me, it would probably make it more quiet.

I've got a video of both side by side around here somewhere, when I can find it I'll edit this post and you can see for yourself.

Edited for link:

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/cellpro10/?action=view¤t=TwoCans.flv

The closest is a Walther P22 with the Trident 9 can, the other is a Ruger with the SWR Warlock .22 can.  There is a first round pop from one, but after that they sound the same in the video and in person.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen one labled .45 / .223, I always took that to mean it will work on both or anything inbetween.  I'm sure the "report" will be best at the lower level.  I just didnt understand why i stopped at .223, if its good for a .223 why not a .22?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Most 9mm cans are aluminum while .223 cans are steel. I don't think that any aluminum 9mm can will take the pressure of a .223 without bursting. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

Best bet would be to contact the mfr. of the can and see what they say. I wanted to use my M4-2000 5.56mm can on a Rem 700 in .22-250, so I contacted AAC and they said it would be fine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a SWR Trident 9 can and use it on a Walther P22 and a Ruger and it works as well as the SWR Warlock .22 can I have.  

I called SWR first and they said, "Sure, no problem" and when I asked if the dirty .22's would crud it up, they told me, it would probably make it more quiet.

I've got a video of both side by side around here somewhere, when I can find it I'll edit this post and you can see for yourself.

thanks draver
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't seem to make this link hot in my previous post, so I'll post it here and try again.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/cellpro10/?action=view¤t=TwoCans.flv

Still no luck with the hotlink directly to the video.  Cut & paste or someone who can hot link it, be my guest.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I use a 9mm Triple X Warrior on several different guns.

Some calibers work fine, some are better than others.

Weight is an issue.

Let's see, I use the suppressor in...

9mm
22-250

TRG
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...with the assist....

s105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/cellpro10/?action=view¤t=TwoCans.flv

Yeah, I could get the whole page to link, what I was trying to do was get just the suppressor video to link up and be a "Click to View".

Thank you,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top