Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 8:28:09 PM EDT
I am planning to get my first suppressor soon, most likely a Gemtech Outback II. I am trying to decide what pistol to use with the can. Idealy, I would love to use an Advantage Arms conversion on one of my GLOCK 19 frames. This would provide a good size package and would keep me from having to use a differnent action type than my carry guns. Will the AA kits run reliably with subsonic ammo and a suppressor?

I have also considered a Walther P22 if the AA kit won't work, but about half the P22s I've seen have had problems.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My Advantage Arms kit works fine with CCI Subsonic, and CCI Minimags. The minimags are more accurate and they are subsonic out of the AA barrel. Also, you won't need an extended barrel with the AA kit just send the stock barrel to Gemtech and they will make an adapter for the barrel. I have more than 5000rnds through mine without any problems. It is one of my favorite guns to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the nice thing about  a screw on can, no one pistol is the best, but you can buy them all.

For target, the Marvel kit on the 1911 frame, or a Beretta 87 Target.

For general plinking a Ruger MK something or a Browning Buckmark

For lots of fun in a small package, get the Walther P22.

For something small to carry in a jacket, get the Beretta 21
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got my AA kit back from a thread job and so far after a few rounds into wet sand the kit seems to work great. I like the glock as a host, really fills the hand better than a P22. Also remember that when buying any rimfire just use these words to justify to the wife "It's for the children honey!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
After I wore out (literally) my P22, I bought an AA kit for my Glock19. and I'm happy I did.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
How many rounds do you think it took to wear out the P22?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
OT question - could one use a Smith and Wesson 41 as a suppressor host?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How many rounds do you think it took to wear out the P22?

Right around to 7K.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have seen it done.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

hmm, Took this pic just yesterday.  You can but it's probably not the best choice.  I bought this barrel used.  Seller couldn't remember who did the work, or maybe he bought it that way too.  The problem is that the barrels are carved from a solid chunk of metal and they have an oblong shape to them.  

Never had a baffle strike but whoever threaded it chewed up the finish in the process.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm, Took this pic just yesterday.  You can but it's probably not the best choice.  I bought this barrel used.  Seller couldn't remember who did the work, or maybe he bought it that way too.  The problem is that the barrels are carved from a solid chunk of metal and they have an oblong shape to them.  

Never had a baffle strike but whoever threaded it chewed up the finish in the process.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/IMG_5416.jpg

I would be very interested in a pic of the 41 without the can.   I would like to see how it was threaded.

I threaded my 22-.45, the Advantage Arms kit, and a 2206 Smith in the photo below:

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
triburst,
Here's another vote for the AA kit.  A friend has one that runs great.  They're light as a feather.  Quality & reliability is far better than the P22.

Please pardon the detour for these pics.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my Buckmark with a Outback II can on it.

I also have a S&W 2206 and its a great pistol but the POI shift was huge with the can on it...something like 10" shift IIRC - I only shot it with the can on it once and went back to the Buckmark with the Tactical Solutions barrel
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd reccommend the AA kit on a Glock. Very light and handy. The suppressor on my Ruger MKII looked kind of long. Accurate, but not as cool as the Glock that sounds like a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
As unpopular as this will sound, I recommend a Sig Mosquito.  I use my AAC pilot on it and I love it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't go wrong with a Ruger MK III and a Pac-Lite upper.

Fair warning, though: You're going to want an integral before long. Start saving your money now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
CZ Kadet
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As unpopular as this will sound, I recommend a Sig Mosquito.  I use my AAC pilot on it and I love it.

Why would that be unpopular?   thats one that im thinking about. The other is a 87Target.  Ben
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Fair warning, though: You're going to want an integral before long. Start saving your money now.

Isn't that the truth.

I have a decent number of host guns for my .22 muzzle can (Buckmark, MKIII, P22) but the thought of turning my MKIII into an integral is really calling to me. I played with an AWC integral at a shop once and the size, weight, and balance are substantially better.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that the truth.

I have a decent number of host guns for my .22 muzzle can (Buckmark, MKIII, P22) but the thought of turning my MKIII into an integral is really calling to me. I played with an AWC integral at a shop once and the size, weight, and balance are substantially better.

I just had AWC turn my MK III into an Amphibian S, and I put an Aimpoint on it. Gives me a stiffy just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Another recommendation for the CZ Kadet.  It's an excellent pistol.  Click on the link for a video:  media.putfile.com/Clip162

Dan

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Does the CZ Kadet come standard with an extended (or even threaded?) barrel?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Does the CZ Kadet come standard with an extended (or even threaded?) barrel?

Neither on both.  The barrel has to be threaded and used with a thread adapter.  Mark McWillis can do it for around $150.00 (give or take).

Dan
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would that be unpopular?   thats one that im thinking about. The other is a 87Target.  Ben

They have a bad reputation.  A few of the early models had problems.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#24]
The 2206 S&W is a very noisy platform for a suppressor.

The Ruger MK2 heavy barrel is ..... heavy but it is also very accurate and easy to shoot.  This gun is accurate to outragious distances for a handgun.  I actually find the extra length of a can helps steady the pistol for greater accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#25]
i took Hineline's advice:
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a couple of Ruger MkIIs, but I'm not really interested in using them with the can.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have a couple of Ruger MkIIs, but I'm not really interested in using them with the can.

triburst,
I was'nt either......edited previous post & pic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top