Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2006 2:31:43 PM EDT
I realize it's no fun to shoot without your suppressor, but I'd like to know if anybody has opinions on the effectiveness of this as a flash suppressor without the can mounted.  I'm assuming that it's not a perfect replica of the YHM phantom.

If not, I'll try it and post a range report.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Last I checked YHM makes the Phantom mounts for AAC under contract.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oh, no shit?  Well that's good news, because it means it's a known quantity.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

All four of my mounts say YHM on them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an excellent flash suppressor, without the can attached.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is the AAC improved version of the YHM Phanotm flash hider. It was designed by AAC, Robert Silvers, and YHM. I believe this new design to be to most effective 5.56mm flash suppressor in the world. You will see it on several new military weapons.

So...get him to post some pics doing flash hider comparisons with it, and  I'll believe you.

Seriously, I have a can on the way and this is the answer I wanted to hear.  I'll be shooting it at night to judge for myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top