Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 6:24:00 PM EDT
Hello, I am a "newby" to this great place ya have here, and fairly new to the wonderful AR-15.(I own a pre-ban colt A2 sporterII)I have been outfitting with the usual, and am looking for the inserts for the bandoleers. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I see y'all don't trust the new guy. Read 21 times, no reply. That's fine,I 'spose that's the way it's gotta be. I've been lurking here for a while,you all seem to be fairly intelligent folks. Sorry I infiltrated your perimeter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude.  Relax.  21 reads is nothing on this board.  If somebody knows the answer, they will respond.  You gotta give it some time.

BTW, welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't take the silence personal. It's not meant as a snub.

Off hand I don't know of anyplace to get the cardboards. These things are usually tough to find for any bandolier.

And Welcome aboard albob.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh. Good! I was hoping I was wrong. You bunch ARE good people! You know how the net makes one impatient. Yes they are hard to find, unless you get them already put together with clips,bandoleers, etc. Thanks for welcoming me aboard! You may be sorry. LOL!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee willikers, albob, I got here as soon as I heard you needed information.
www.angelfire.com/on2/PandaWeb/wupage.html
e-mail Chuck. He'll tell you if he has any.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Albob,

You might consider reposting/double posting on the reloading and ammunition forums.

I have seen both the cardboard inserts and stripper clips sold as a set.  I don't remember where, but someone on another forum will probably be able to help you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to those who posted links, and to all others, for the warm welcome!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#9]
You could buy some Winchester "white box" ammo put the rounds on the stripper clips.  Then put the ammo back in the box and put the boxes in the bandolier.

Bob B
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#10]
At a recent gun show I purchased a quantity of the cardboard inserts in 5.56 x 45 from Mike Henry at Sierra Supply in Durango, CO. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
In the Equipment Exchange, under the Accessories board, look for 504PIR selling 4 pocket bandos.  I bought a bunch of cardboards for 4 pocket bandos from him.  He said if I needed more he had about 200 looking for a home.

Definitely a class act seller.  Tell him Vinnie sent ya.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
www.sierrasupply.com
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top