Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 5:40:43 PM EDT
What's a fair price for these?

Who is importing them?

any thoughts on condition before I buy?

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that they are gone. There may be a few places that still have one, most likely at a higher price than you would have paid earlier. Check a site dealing with c&r and ask the same question.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an FR-8 that I bought aomost 10 years ago for about $100 at a show.
Chambered in .308, 18" barrel, chrome lined, unissued.  Mauser Lage Ring 98 action and stepped Mauser barrel.
Best buy I ever made.  Excellent shooter..bolt is sloppy as hell but it doesn't seem to matter.
They go for about $175 now, but not many around.
I completely sporterized mine.  My first rifle.
I shoot reduced loads (13 grs. of Red Dot with a 125 gr. Spire point.  It's like shooting a .22 without the high pitch noise.  You can shoot these .308 loads all day long & dead on out to 150 yds.  And, 13 gr. of Red Dot costs pennies a round, and at those pressures the cases last indefinitely.
I am having fun
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Good place to keep an eye out for one:
www.gunboards.com/trader/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=1&SID=
There's one posted for sale (Mar 5th).

Good place to ask questions about them:
www.gunboards.com/forums/
Scroll down to the "CETME and FR-8 Forum".

LL
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $189 from Aim surplus for mine last summer. Supply seems to have dried up lately but they are still out there. If you have your C&R license, check out this site http://www.allans-armory.com/spain.html  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't know what part of the country your in or if you have the Big 5 sporting goods chain locally - but they do have FR8s - the one that I saw was pretty beat up though or I would have bought it myself.  Oh yeah, IIRC, they were ~$175 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top