Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 5:39:39 AM EDT
Not that I need another AR, but came across a pre-ban, EA 20" Hbar A2 w/carry handle scope (3x9 cheapie) selling for $650.  In nice shape, black finish (possibly recoated? - were they original in grey finish?).  No markings on barrel, just "Essential Arms" and ser# on lower.  Are EA lowers cast or forged?  Is it worth bringing home?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Bravo5-2

edit to add: anyone know who made the uppers for them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would definately buy it. I've owned a couple of EA's in the past and they worked fine. One was the original gray finish and another had been refinished with some type of black spray on finish.

For $650 I think it is a good buy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would definately buy it. I've owned a couple of EA's in the past and they worked fine. One was the original gray finish and another had been refinished with some type of black spray on finish.

For $650 I think it is a good buy.

What he said.  I have an EA lower and it is just as good as the rest as far as running.  They fit tighter then the rest (push pin wise)but I have owned two myself and they always fired.  Upper??  I was unaware that EA had uppers I thought that they had lowers only.  Hey if you decide not to buy it email me and I will take it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
$650 for a pre-ban is definetly a good buy. Just remember that in 2 years the prices the distinction of 'post ban' and 'preban' will be wiped out
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't bet on it.  Bush said he would not make any new laws, but he would not get rid of any either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
$650 for a pre-ban is definetly a good buy. Just remember that in 2 years the prices the distinction of 'post ban' and 'preban' will be wiped out

As much as I wish you were right, I am not betting the farm on that, in fact, would bet against it.
Pit
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
bravo5-2..if you dont get it, please let me know.  I have been searching for EA preban and I am in MN  as well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to All for your feedback.. looks like I'll pick this one up.  Have a NIB Russian SKS (Tula Arsenal '54) that will most likely get used for trade.

Took another look today, upper is marked w/"M" (Martin-Marietta?), appears to be GI Upper/Barrel.  Scope is Tasco Rubber Armored 3x9 on a Leatherwood Mount.  Damned if when I looked at it, not only was in a hurry, I didn't have my glasses on, price is 699, not 649!.. will have to try some negotiation.

Guess all this business travel pays dividends every now & then.

THANKS Again to ALL!.. Your input is appreciated.
Bravo5-2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top