Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 2:02:20 PM EDT
In range or training setting hearing protection is always worn but in combat it can't be. So my question is assuming an infantryman is armed with an M16 or M4 (5.56) can he expect to suffer permanent hearing damage after a firefight? How about in an urban or indoor CQB scenario?  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The answer is YES and YES. My company manufactures weapon systems for LE and we now strongly suggest that all CQB weapons have suppressors on them. This will not only help to save the hearing of the officers but it helps to keep them hearing commands and info over their radios. Hearing loss for these officers can be reduced significantly by the use of suppressed weapons. This also stops the noise from the blast being heard outside the room, this can be very important in an inner city gun fight or raid. By this I mean response from onlookers who may be offended by the use of deadly force.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
WHAT!!!!???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top