Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 7:08:12 PM EDT
Just bought my 1st ar a Bushmaster xm15e2s.Can I mount a red dot sight on the carry handle without additional items.Other essentials I need? Thanks clin4580
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The short answer is no.  You will need a mount.  Either the Aimpoint mount
and ring if needed
or the ARMS #2 and ring:  
I would suggest you contact this firm for guidance:
http://www.mountsplus.com/index.htm

Good luck,

Gary
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Mags, Mags, and more Mags.  Oh, and lots of ammo!

Vulcan94

OH!  What part of NC are you from.  I'm down here in Southeastern NC, about 25 mins from N. Myrtle Beach, SC.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in canton its near asheville in the western part of state.Where is best place to buy mags online?Local shop has green follower mags but no stamps on mags anywhere.Asked him who manufacture was but he didnt know, any ideas?I was wanting to mount a eotech sight or russian kobra sight on my bushy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Above link don't work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some spare parts kits from Bushmaster or Armalite.

Get good mags of course. GI 30s and 20s, Thermolds, and Orlites.

Get a good sling like the ones from Tactical Tailor.

A bore guide will come handy like the one made by Dewey.

Resistance is futile. You might as well start saving now for you second AR. ARs are kind of like potato chips.

Oh yeah, welcome to the club.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
clin4580,  For mags online, I have had good luck with CDNN investments.  www.cdnninvestments.com

You can also find a very good FAQ on AR-15 mags at magfaq.tripod.com

All of the USGI mags will have the manufacturer stamped on the base plate.  If there is no marking, then I would suspect that it is a USA mag.  Don't buy USA mags!!! Almost all of the USA mags I have seen have been a waste on money.

Vulcan94

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top