Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 10:08:35 AM EDT
I'm looking for a bolt action 308. but I also want one that is not going to cost that much. I saw they had some Mauser 308 at Rguns but I won't buy from them.

Does anyone know anyone how has some nice bolt actions for sale. I'm looking for a pinker not a hunting or sniper rifle. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I settled on a Sig 970SHR in .308 cal. It's a real nice shooter, and can be had around here (Georgia) for $400-$450. Quality at that price, this is a target grade, hunting quality, plinker...no doubt. I shoot 1.5" @ 100yds..with a cheapo scope...imagine what a skilled shooter could get with a real scope! Check it out...It is also a Sig...you cannot beat the Swiss precision.

My second choice would be the Savage 110 for less than $400 (with cheapo scope)...just about anywhere!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I settled on a Sig 970SHR in .308 cal. It's a real nice shooter, and can be had around here (Georgia) for $400-$450. Quality at that price, this is a target grade, hunting quality, plinker...no doubt. I shoot 1.5" @ 100yds..with a cheapo scope...imagine what a skilled shooter could get with a real scope! Check it out...It is also a Sig...you cannot beat the Swiss precision.

My second choice would be the Savage 110 for less than $400 (with cheapo scope)...just about anywhere!

good ones....

Let me add
Rem700ADL synth/matte can be had for 379 around here in PA
Tikka's are really nice (basically they are a cheap Sako) they run about 430

The only other on I could think of is a Rem710,they supposedly shoot good, but they look like crap and are built like crap

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
i hear the ishapore SMLEs in 308 are going for 150-200. check shotgun news.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i hear the ishapore SMLEs in 308 are going for 150-200. check shotgun news.

Do they have a website where you saw these? Thats around the price I'm looking for until I can get the money saved up to buy my FAL. I have 2000rd of 308 and no rifle to shoot any of it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top