Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 7:14:55 PM EDT
It seems that lately, on this Forum at least, a couple of firearms have been of general interest:
1. Heavy Barrel bolt-action rifle.
2. Lever action-rifle.

( I said I was done for a long time...my kids, on the other hand... )
For me, the single-shot NEF .22LR Youth Synthetic or Marlin 15Y bolt-action single-shot.

What is the next 'niche' gun you'd consider?

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
After the LEGP, the next one will be a Howa bolt-action, either in .270 or .308.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with optics.

I had a 10/22 a long time ago and didn't like it much.  The trigger sucked and the mags were a pain in the butt to load and the hicap aftermarket mags that command such a premium today did and do suck.

But I want another one, HB, trigger work, and a scope.  Just fer plinkin'.  And the 10/22 is the "industry standard" .22.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
NEF's new Huntsman Muzzleloader.
It's a break open, easy access removeable breech plug, 209 primed, accurate .50 cal. rifle.
I wanted to send my .22 Hornet receiver in to have the muzzleloader barrel mated to it but they said that they are so far behind in filling orders just for the whole rifle, it may be the end of the year before they catch up.
I may have to order the whole rifle instead.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top