Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 6:57:41 PM EDT
Will i have problems mouting a RAS M5 to a 6601 HBAR upper?
Thanks
Glen
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
why on earth would you want to, i have a 6601, its possibly the best DCM service rifle for the money IMHO. build an M4gery.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Wes or Paul at MSTN.  They can answer your question.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It will work fine!  My M5 RAS is currently mounted on my R6601 upper!

I have seen these used on both government and HBAR profile barrels as well as on a dissipator where the gas block was slightly trimmed to allow more room for the RAS heat shields.

I have also used one of these on an Eagle Arms AR-10 upper but it was necessary to remove the top clamp at the barrel nut as the AR-10 barrel chamber and barrel nut will not allow the top RAS to close arount the barrel with this clamp in place.  Once removed, the RAS mounted just fine and was solid!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for all your help. I'll be getting one .
GlenR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top