Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 12:01:21 PM EDT
I just can't help it. I have his two videos "mastering the AR15" and "AR15 cqc"

First off i found very little info on the first one, that was useful. the video should have been named "the Idiots guide the the AR15" and all through both tapes, magill sounds like he's instructing a group of children!

Second of all who else have you ever heard use the term CQC? Ive always heard the PROS (ppl that actually KNOW what thier doing) call it CQB.

Third of all He tells a bunch of lies. i.e. talking about how the "military" supposedly "in thier wisdom" invented the AR15 and developed it and by thier great "wisdom" chose the .223 cartridge for optimal performance.

Which as we all know is a bunch of bull which gives the liberals ammo against us by them trying to say that the AR15 was/is solely a military weapon. which of course we all know that it was invented and developed by a civilian in a civilian company and licensed to another civilian company and was sold and developed for awhile before military service as the m16.

The end result is that MR. magill is a man that needs to be a bit more serious, get his dang facts straight and make some videos with content that us REAL ar15 shooters NEED!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hehe, WolfAR15, a friend and I have worked on past videos for Lenny. Stick with his "Bikini Chicks with Guns" series and you'll be much happier.

Lenny Magill, haha, what a blast from the past!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've got the "Mastering the AR15" video and I always thought it was kind of funny how he went on and on about how to load and unload the weapon and how to work the safety etc.

I was thinking it would be a little more helpful in shooting techniques and other more advanced items, instead of, "never get too close to the wall when shooting from behind cover".

It's ok to watch on a rainy day or when you're too broke to go shooting.

Since we're on the topic, what are some other good videos that focus on the AR/M16?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone once called him a"...$5 man with a $20 haircut."  or something like that.  I agree.  Believe it or not my friend ran across his CCW video at a thrift store.  After watching 1/2 of it, I know why.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the video someplace.  I always thought it was put out for IPSC guys who wanted to do the "combat" matches and such. Did'nt it have John Shaw or some other well known shooter and gunsmith showing his "combat" rifle and shooting techniques.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
He used to film the USPSA / IPSC nationals.
I bought some back tapes in the mid 1990's because it's always fun and educational to watch the factory sponsored pros shoot.

He reminds me of a used car salesman or bartender in a disco.

Years ago he got pissed at IPSC and refused to make the Nationals tapes anymore, not sure why.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I'm an idiot, but, that "mastering" video was helpful for me, even though some of the delivery and presentation was a little grating.
It's still informative.  For idiots like myself...

Best of all, when my daughter was very young, she'd recognize Lenny in the catalogs and say, "Hello. I'm Lenny Magill, and this is the AR15, my fayyy-vorite rifle!"

That from my kid who's first word she could read was, "Remington"...
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah but he has a turbo hottie wife
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
His glock video is actually quite good.

docmac86
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I happen to like his videos "Mastering the Ar-15", and "Mini Glocks". Especially as an introduction to novices, I think those two are pretty good. FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top