Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 9:47:15 AM EDT
Thinking about purchasing a #1700 Pelican Case for my B/M Carbine. B/M has collapsable stock and fixed handle w/ Trijicon TA11. Q). Any owner with this type set-up have Pros/Cons. Good fit, Bad fit?  Your anticipated input and opinions are greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
if you do not have a break on the barrel, then it will fit perfectly. i have my dissipator in a 1700, excellent case for sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
hoosier, thanks for your thread. I do have a break on mine. It's the 3-port comp Bushmaster sells. Sure glad you advised me. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a collapsable stock, the length (even with a brake) will not be a problem if you store it with the stock in its shortest position.  My 16" M4 with hider and stock collasped fits with about 2" to spare.

What I would worry about is the height of your rifle with the TA11 mounted on the carry handle.
It would probably be close.  You should measure it using the bottom of your PG as the lowest point and the top of the scope as the highest point.

Here are the inside dimensions: 36"L x 13-1/2"W x 5"D.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
HKocher, Thanks for the info. I know the weapon will fit inside but it will not have a lot of space once it's centered in the case. It will only have about 1.5 inch of space above the scope, below the grip, left of the butt and right off the comp end.  Will the case close and seal properly given those dimensions.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome. Nice set-up DVDTracker.  I think the #1700 is a lot smaller. I thought the case came with solid foam on the bottom half and the other type of foam that has ridges (for lack of proper terminology) on the top half.?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the brake on a 16 inch barrel or 14.5?  With a 14.5 your rifle should measure out to an exact 32 inches.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top