Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 9:05:42 PM EDT
Nikon offers a 2-7X32 Monarch I would like to buy for my Marlin 44 mag, Does anyone have this scope or another brand of 32 mm scope?  My major concern is the scopes brightness, it having a 32 mm objective.

Thanks for any comments. Am/O/tramp
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 Monarch 4X scopes and like them very much.  But they are 40mm objective.

Re 32mm scopes, I have also a Bushnell 32mm.  It works fine in daylight, you won't notice a difference if this is just a range gun or for plinking.  Obviously scopes start distinguishing themselves in low light situations, so if you are planning pre-dawn or dusk shots (hunting), all things being equal, you probably want a 40mm or bigger.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I read a very favorable review on the 2-7 NIKON scope in Rifle Sporting Firearms Journal.
That is supposed to be one of the very best scopes in that power range.
I've got some NIKON optical equipment and it is top notch glass.
Good choice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Compared to other scopes in it's price range, The Monarch series scopes have a very high percentage of light transmission through the scope. So say the "experts"!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, your comments just made a sale for Nikon. I think the Monarch will be a perfect match for the Marlin. I am getting older now and weight and handling qualities are more important to me than higher power.  I never need the extra power settings for what I shoot anyhow, 7 X ought to be just right.

. Thanks again Am/O/Tramp  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top