Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 4:30:55 PM EDT
Finally got my taxes back, went out to the shop and it just kind of came home with me....

errr.. how about this one...  I just got a new scope for my 700VSSF, and I needed something to put the old scope on....

It is a Remington 700VLS in a 6MM  I just got it sighted in today I will it seems to like 70gSMK with IMR4320... cant wait till the woodchucks start coming out!!!  

Next thing to do is replace the trigger, I couldn't get too much out of this one, I got it crisp, but its still about 3 pounds..  I will probably get something like a Kanjar or a Shillin that I could set at about 1.5-2 pounds.  I also replaced the firing pin assembly with the old style ( I don't care for the way the spring is in the new ones, and most important.. it MY choice to install a lock, not theirs)

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good looking rifle you have there...
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee I wonder if that will work with a Varminter. Yea honey it just followed me back after I cashed my check. Can I please adopt it honey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool Bob.  That laminated stock looks nice.  What kind of glass is that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
man thats a nice rifle. ive been going to the remington web page and druling over the .308VLS

i know i cant afford it, i know i shouldnt buy it, but im afraid i will.  why? because...its a gun.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.. other than the Savage 24V my Dad got for me when I as two (of course he held onto it until I was old enough to shoot it) it if the first rifle I got that had real wood furniture (not counting the Marlin, Anchutz, or Ruger wood that I have had (kindof wood, but not really)

It was one of those things, I think, that was supposed to happen, The rifle came into the shop, I seen that it was a 6MM.  I have allot of left over stuff to reload for a 6MM since my Dad had a 40XB in a 6MM about 15 years ago, so
I took it out of the box and took one look at it and said "I gotta have this".

The glass is actually a cheap Simmons 8-32x44 I took off my 223. Although the 8th MOA clicks are more like 6th moa clicks and to move 2 clicks to the right I have to move 4 and back 2 the scope does hold a zero.  The only reason it came off the 223 is I wanted something with a fine crosshair for target shooting at 100 yards, so I got the Nikon 6.5-20x44, since it makes a nice target scope(its not quite my Leupold LRT which is on my PSS, but its a close second).

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Bob243,
Nice looking laminated stock on your new Remington.
New rifles are a bloody blast!

6mm Rem./.243?  I get it.

The 6.5-20x44 NIKON is what I put on my V-MATCH 24.  It is good glass, alright.
It's cool that you had the reloading stuff from your Dad and then kinda fell into the rifle.
I can imagine the feeling you had when you looked at it and did the "I gotta have it".
Excellent.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bob243,
Nice looking laminated stock on your new Remington.
New rifles are a bloody blast!

6mm Rem./.243?  I get it.

In case you didn't know (I am not sure if the 243/6MM statement was ment to be a question) 6MM (244)cartrige is similar to a 243 cartrige but you gain some velicity, same shell holder,same bullet, but the case has more of a taper to it and a longer neck. as opposed to a 243 which is simply a .308 necked down to .243". If you reload check them out in your reloading manual, If not I would be glad to post more detailed info for you.  

I got turned on to Nikon scopes about a year ago when the one guy out the range had one on his Colt flattop AR, I took some shots out of it, and was really impressed with the optics.

I love going to the range with new rifles to play with.  You never know what to expect.
i dunno... some people stay up late anticipating their vacation, I do the same before I take a new rifle(or pistol) out the range.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:12:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I read somewhere once upon a time that 6mm Rem is actually supposed to be a slightly better round (can't remember exactly why) than .243 Win even though they are very similar.  But Winchester won the marketing war, hence there aren't many 6mm Rems around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top