Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 3:56:18 PM EDT
I have a RRA 9mm upper on a colt LEO 9mm lower.  I am using the RRA mag block, buffer and spring and modified Uzi mag.

It will stove pipe on every shot!  Bang, stove pipe, clear jam...bang, stove pipe,clear jam..and so on.

It is trying to feed the next round but the stove pipe stops the round from getting fully in the chamber.

I have tried diff. ammo...cheap ammo, expensive ammo, surplus ammo.  Nothing makes a diff.

I even put the stock buffer and spring in thinking that the lighter buffer would maybe help...nope..same thing.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

OH...the upper is NEW!

thanks in advance
medcop
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I talked with one of the owners of RRA at the recent SHOT show and examined a 9mm conversion unit. One of the items was a piece of Derlin (high impact plastic) about 2 inches long that fit in the buffer tube behind the spring. I questioned what this was and he stated that his tests had show this piece was necessary for reliable functioning. Why, I don't know, but I suggest you give RRA a call to discuss.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a mag problem to me. How many did you use? If only one, I'd think real hard about this being the prob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top