Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 3:05:32 PM EDT
Assuming the the dinosaurs were as fast, fearsome, and smart as in the movie, would you want to go hunting here with a at least 8 hour before a rescue clause?

If you would go hunting anyway, what would you want your group outfitted with (weaponwise). It would have to be man portable by members of the party, with a 5 person limit and no vehicles.

If they were as big and tough as in the movie, I don't think I'd go on these terms. I can't think of a single weapon I would feel comfortable with when facing a big mean, fast, tyranosaur (sp?). Hell, even if you killed it, it would probably kill you when it fell on you.

As much as I like my AR, it aint rifle enough! Even my custom loaded 444 Marlin or 12 guage looks pretty weak. Even the "smaller" dino's looked too much for anything I have.

My 5 man hunting team would have a 7.62 minigun and flamethrowers at minimum (and lots of ammo. Maybe you could saw the legs off the advancing dino and the fire would scare off the rest?

What would your group have for getting a prime trophy or Tyranosaur or bigger giganthosaur (whatever it's called) and being able to defend it for 8 hours until rescue? Would you even do it if the island was anything like the movie?

Oh yea, assume the financial payoff if you bagged a big trophy would pay of all expenses plus make a good profit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
how about this? 1 guy with a 7.62 minigun, 2 with .50 cal barrets with armor piercing incindiary rounds hrowers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I send politicians and lawers to the park though?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You can send HCI and Rosie to the island too ! Rosie, would make good bait and might even fill the Tyranosaur!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
i would be packin a barret, with a full-auto carbine lenght TROMIX 458 socom slapped on my back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably have guys with automatic rifles, G3 rifles with underbarrel grenade launcher. One guy would have a .50 cal Barrett and another with something like an 8 gauge shotgun. Sidearms would be .50AE Desert Eagles or .454 Casaul revolvers.

I don't know about a minigun. It's been show that you have to lug around tons of gear for it to work, so if you have to run I wouldn't want to be stuck with that thing. Lightweight yet powerful weapons are the way to go.

Even though the dinosaurs looked tough, rounds made for hunting rhinos should be enough to take them down. A good ole M1 Garand would probably do the trick. However I would like something in full auto like a G3, AR10 or FNFAL if we were ambushed by those damn raptors.

BTW, why the flamethrowers. Unless the dinos were afraid of fire they seem a little unless. If you did kill them with it your prize would be charred. If you didn't you would have a firey dino attacking you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have constant air support and naval barrages. team: Browning M2 .50 Cal MG, M14's all around and a couple of M60s. and lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The flamethrowers would be to keep all the mean "smaller" scavengers away. I've seen the bone structures of those dinos in museums and they are MUCH thicker and bigger than rhinos. The T-rex's were estimated to weigh 7+ "tons" that's way bigger than a rhyno. Your Garand wouldn't cut it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The flamethrowers would be to keep all the mean "smaller" scavengers away. I've seen the bone structures of those dinos in museums and they are MUCH thicker and bigger than rhinos. The T-rex's were estimated to weigh 7+ "tons" that's way bigger than a rhyno. Your Garand wouldn't cut it.

Roosevelt killed a rhino with a blackpowder .45-70.  My guess is that any of the rounds suitable for elephant (which includes almost all of the modern .30s and 6.5mms if you read the safari accounts) would kill a dinosaur.  I would want an M1A with black-tip (AP) rounds.  They have plenty of punch to go through dino hide and bone, plus the M1A has a 20-round capacity and is autoloading.  It would be volume of AP fire into the cranium of a dino that would be the best killer.

A .50 Barrett wouldn't be a bad idea, however, they are terribly heavy, slower to fire accurately, and you can't carry as many .50 rounds with you as 7.62mm.  

My personal plan would be as follows:

1.  Set a secure perimeter in an open area that would allow me to see any nasties coming.  Leaving the 4 other guys there to keep watch and keep the area free of other dinos.

2.  Send out a scout (me, because I prefer to be mobile) to lure nasties back to the perimeter.

3.  M2 .50 with scope and trained marksman will kill the nasty after it has been lured back to the kill zone.  If the SHTF, he can rock-and-roll with the .50 and turn nasty into hamburger with AP and API rounds.  Raufoss rounds would be handy too.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Raufoss rounds would be handy too.  

I didn't know what those were, so I did a bit of a search... Good stuff!  If that stuff were legal, you'd have a lot more guys with 50's!

Here's some of what I found:
www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/raufoss/
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not sure you could pack anything with enough punch to reliably take down the large predators and remain mobile.  I would probably have an M1A with AP rounds and carry a large supply of thermite grenades and maybe CS to keep the bigger creatures away.  Oh yea, I would only go with people who couldn't run faster than me. Lastly a Smith 29 with one round in it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm…
5 man team eh…

I would out fit my crew like this…  I would have three line guards; all equipped with G3 7.62 NATO full auto rifles, Desert Eagle .50 sidearm, some hand grenades and a SPAS12 <SPAS12 and Jurassic Park go hand in hand >.  I would also have two big game hungers, equipped with .50BMG semi automatic firearms and a SBR G3 7.62 NATO full auto for their side arm<so it would be about the size of an MP5>.  Line guards would have 20 G3 30 round magazines, 4 Desert Eagle magazines, 50 shotgun slugs and 10 hand grenades.  Big game hunters will have 20 .50BMG 10 round magazines and 10 G3 Magazines.  

Standard formation will be two line guards followed by two big game hunters and one line guard taking holding the rear.

The line guards will be in charge of Raptors and the like, while the big game hunters will take care of anything that stands taller than 8 feet.  The big game hunters will switch over to the G3 when appropriate to aid the line guards.

Everyone will be issued binoculars, first aid kit and some rashes.  Would I go on such a hunt?  You better believe I would with these toys

I would use the AR weapon system instead of G3’s and the big game hunting rifles if it were outfitted in the same configurations as described above.  

So anyone feeling like a trip to a tropical island, looking for 4 more volunteers
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmm.....50cal Barrett, and a blooper for backup. Maybe someone else on the team with a Stinger, and a vehicle mounted TOW. Browning 50cal for perimeter defense (raptors). And I love the idea of Rosie for bait-if not available, Billary Clinton will do. Her stench would bring just about anything in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can send HCI and Rosie to the island too ! Rosie, would make good bait and might even fill the Tyranosaur!

I'm fairly certain that even a tyrannosaur's walnut-size brain would be more than smart enough to not chomp into THAT.

I bet an M1 Abrams would come in handy against the big ones.  I think geneticists should be scrambling to succeed in replicating dinosaurs just for the purpose of hunting them to extinction . . . again and again!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Huh. Who needs firearms? I'll go point with my trusty club, and my other team members would have rocks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm thinking LAW rockets. Lots of them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I think for variety, I'd have one two man team with an HK portable GMG automatic grenade launcher with all the ammo they could carry. The other two man team would have a M2 machinegun with all the ammo they could carry. The last guy (me) would have a Robar RC-50. It's light and I'd try to take some long range shots to the head from a distance. I think a Barrett M82 would be too heavy to lug around.

Now, if I could have anything I want, I'd use a BFG-10k from Quake III and I'd have a partner with a rail gun.

themao
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Dynamite is always good for killing!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
From what I understand those dinosaurs' although big mean and nasty had extremely small brain capacities.

some in the know have postulated that some dinos were so big and their brain so small and simple that if you were of blow off their tail it would take at least 60 seconds before barny actualy felt it.

so you can pump all the lead you want into barny he still would have plenty of time after you emptied you magazine into him to eat you.

so my vote goes for somthing rocket propelled that with lots of bang.

ill take a nice RPG and load myself down with plenty of rounds to feed it.

I can live with just a head mount ill make my money selling dino burgers to 5 star greasy spoons
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
From what I understand those dinosaurs' although big mean and nasty had extremely small brain capacities.

some in the know have postulated that some dinos were so big and their brain so small and simple that if you were of blow off their tail it would take at least 60 seconds before barny actualy felt it.

so you can pump all the lead you want into barny he still would have plenty of time after you emptied you magazine into him to eat you.

so my vote goes for somthing rocket propelled that with lots of bang.

ill take a nice RPG and load myself down with plenty of rounds to feed it.

I can live with just a head mount ill make my money selling dino burgers to 5 star greasy spoons
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
What about that elephant gun from Tremors. Maybe that could make a dent in a Tyranasaur. I do rememebr there was a movie in which there were hunters trying to capture a dinosaur. They used darts with sedative to the neck since the neck had the thinnest skin.

I remember in the first JP book, the warden used a rocket launcher with a sedative laced round.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I Love This Topic!!

First off, if you want to survive a visit to Isla Sorna, {"Site B"}, one of your team will pack a flamethrower.Remember that every animal ever to live has their DNA programmed to fear fire. And there is no creature that ever existed on this Earth that could live bathed in fire! Even the terrifying spinosaurus would halt with flaming gasoline melting his eyeballs and scorching his lungs with each breath. Believe it.

The grenade and rocket launchers are to dicey to use against creatures that move fast, and their reload time is too long. If you feel you need backup besides the flamethrower, mount a BMG .50 on a jeep and don’t wander too far from it. The cal .50 would explode a T-Rex’es head or turn his hip bones into a bloody ruin with one burst. But what you are *really* after is trophies, right? So the flame thrower or weapons with explosive charges are for the backup crew, not the trophy hunters on the safari.

Redmanfms has the right idea. Any one of the “elephant” guns would work. .375 H&H,.378 Weatherby .416 Rigby .458 Winchester.460 to name a few. His idea of the autoloading .30 cal. Is good too. But you’d need a little more punch than the .308 can deliver. The best idea is to have an M1 Garand refitted to accept a BAR magazine. That way you can use the .30-06 with it’s greater reserve punch. The black tips are an excellent idea.

I’m sorry Xero, but we’re not aiming at their hipbones! Take the top off a dino’s heart and it will drop in a couple of hundred yards. And you won’t have any trouble hitting a heart the size of a bushel basket from a 100 yards away.
Brain shots po89mm?  Skin hunters have been hunting have been killing crocs with brain shots for over a century. Crocodile brains are just as small as many dinosaurs are purported to be, and their skulls are as thick as many dinos. You put a penetrator through that lump of nerve tissue serving the dino as a brain and it will be scrambled as throughly as an egg dropped from an airplane.

The size of the rifle won’t be as important as penetration and bullet placement. I hope to G-d all of you know to bring solids, not soft nosed bullets. Bring the large bore gun you are the most comfortable with. If you're not comfortable with a lot of recoil, though, you’re liable to flinch. And that means you’ll miss. A wounded dino running around, anywhere up to a hundred tons of him, and that’s when things get messy. You and everybody around you is better off with you holding a gun that you are familiar with and doesn’t make you flinch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#23]
how about one of those south african NTW bolt action repeting 20mm guns. one man portable
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The first thing I would do is try to find a defendable position, a *good* bunker(not one of those crappy ones the Dinos break into or just smash) or the top of a mountain or something. So we only had to worry about 180 degrees or less. Then It would be 3 with Browning M2HBs all scoped with Leupold Long Range 8.5-25, cuz hey bigger IS better. Plus lots of concentrated heavy hitting long range power. Then some dude with a smaller beltfed, 7.62 probably, to handle smaller dinos. Final guy would have the flamethrower for both coolness effect and the off chance one ever gets close. Since I wouldn't be moving I would have tons of ammo at my spot. Lots of Claymores too, yea claymores. And might was well have a some grenades too. Then with Rosie about 200 yards out bitching and screaming would draw all the Dinos in for the slaughter! For a melee weapon they would all have axes and chainsaws. They are cool and could be used for chopping trees to make barriers, or timber for fire to scare the dinos or roast their meat!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#25]
3 with M1As, using API. 2 would carry a Barret M82A1 and associated stuff (ammo). Nike shoes all around, just in case.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd outfit the guys like they were going to play a friendly game of Quake.  One rocket launcher, two of those rotating grenade launchers and a couple of nail guns.

Anyone want to program a new Role Player Game called Dino Frag?

Mud

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Since we are on the subject of Jurassic Park, maybe someone could answer these questions.
1) What ever happened to the first site?  Did they just have nothing to work with, so they moved the plot to siteB?
2) And why did siteB fail?

Man why did they have to go ban the SPAS12 in CA...
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I vote for the HK GMG or Mk 19, both belt fed 40mm grenade machine guns, as earlier mentioned.  I can't think of any living creature, extinct or otherwise, that could survive many hits from 40mm HE rounds.  
In all reality, probably one of the best things would be to find the deadliest liquid known to man, fill a hell of a lot of darts with it, custom build a dart gun that will fire the darts with enough velocity to penetrate dino hide, and carry it.  It would have to be bad enough stuff that one hit could take even the big pissed off dinos down.  That's what I'd want, and a Mk 19 for back up of course.  

All sidearms would be FN five-sevens, we're going for penetration after all.  How deep is that .50 AE gonna penetrate after piercing that hide anyway?  Besides, try keeping multiple rounds of .50 AE on a charging animal's cranium when you're scared shitless.

If this was the real world, I'd just order air strikes on the island for 2 months before setting foot on it.  Then I'd finish off the remaining dinos with a SAW or M60.  All the big ones would go down to cruise missles and GPS guided rockets.  No matter what, everyone would be carrying two LAW's with them at all times for Teradactyl's or if one of the big ones hid from the air strikes.  

The only dino I wouldn't want to face is the Velociraptor and any of its cousins.  A T-rex is no match to the raptor when it comes to speed, stealth, and intimidation.  You can see the T-rex from 3 miles away.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#29]

I would out fit my crew like this…  I would have three line guards; all equipped with G3 7.62 NATO full auto rifles, Desert Eagle .50 sidearm, some hand grenades and a SPAS12 <SPAS12 and Jurassic Park go hand in hand >.  I would also have two big game hungers, equipped with .50BMG semi automatic firearms and a SBR G3 7.62 NATO full auto for their side arm<so it would be about the size of an MP5>.  Line guards would have 20 G3 30 round magazines, 4 Desert Eagle magazines, 50 shotgun slugs and 10 hand grenades.  Big game hunters will have 20 .50BMG 10 round magazines and 10 G3 Magazines.

There was a reason why line guards only got 4 magazines of Desert Eagle Ammo, if you had to go to deagle you were pretty much dead.  The G3’s would do all the work – and you could a lot of work with 600 rounds of 7.62 NATO.  The line guards did have a semi-auto shotgun with plenty of ammo so I think they’ll be fine.

The right sidearm for this job would be a one of these HK53.  Seriously, a pistol is not going to stop anything bigger than a raptor.  If it’s bigger than a raptor and your using a pistol, your just going to piss it off.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]
DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THIS FIREPOWER FLAMETHROWER ,MINIGUN,STINGER ETC. JUST 5 MAN TEAM {PREFERRIBLE 1'S U CAN OUT RUN} AND 5 SIXTEEN'S 5 MOSS. 590 EXPLOSING ROUNDS 200.

JUST AIM FOR EYES OR AROUND HEAD CAN NOT SEE U CAN EAT U

PEACE GOOD HUNTING     ROSIE BAIT  LOVELY
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#31]
AND ............  GLOCK'S BAD BOY 5 G18'S NO 6 G18'S 2 FOR ME 1 ON EACH HIP  

PEACE
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Sulaco- Site "A" was destroyed in the book by bombing. Plus it was to be the theme park.
Site "B" was the research site.

As to the little hunting trip, one 5 man team, consisting of a Medic/Coroner (if he can't save you,he can at least identify your remains), Bushman tracker, 2 SEAL friends and self.
Weapons- 1 CETME MG w/720rds, 4 FN-FAL's w/250rds ea., 2 Maadi-Griffin .50 cal carbines(carried in rucks) w/50 AP rds ea., ! Westley-Richards .600NE double rifle w/20rds (it is a hunting trip). Oops, forgot, 1 grenade ea. for the off chance you get FUBARed.
Take knee shots on the "big-boy" with the .50, finish it on the ground with D/B gun. Almost all predators where bipedal, so no knee jointy, no chasy. Raptors get some full auto .308 to slow 'em down and a .50 to the head.
When do we book the hunt?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#33]
What about the good old fashioned "Tommy Gun" with 100 rnd drum mags. You could turn anything into hamburger. Load it with 230grn hollowpoints. You throw enough .45's at something it won't get up. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd go AR-10 with armor piercing, And go for the spinal column, around the neck..
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Men, this is a really silly topic. All your answers and opinions are worthless. The only way to successfully defend against prehistoric predators would be to take King Kong with you and have Superman on stand-by just in case Godzilla shows up. Also, probably a good idea to bring Wonder Woman along just in case you get stuck there when the starship Enterprise can't beam you the hell out of there.  It's been a hoot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Five people......... 8 hours.....

Medic/Dr, Explosive expert, tracker/guide, (me),..... scientist that knows dinos (military history a must)

50 McMillan FatMac- 1 for sure.  Okay, so it's a bolt action.... but if have the time, should do the job.  It's  20mm cannon case necked to take a 50 bmg bullet......w/ AP bullets or exploding/inciniary(sp)

Flame throwers- 2 ....hope there is enough fuel.

Mini gun- for the little ones.... hope there is enough ammo.  Big ones, must use head shots to scare off.

Mind block......can't think of anythign else.  Aside from rockets, but .... those have to be reloaded...takes time.  Revolvoing granade launcher seems okay..........

I would have a base camp.  Some where that can be defened.  I'd have the explosive guy put anti-tank mines...for the big ones that try to get in close.  The little ones......hard to say.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#37]
2 Barrett L82's with Rofaus exploder rounds, 3 armed with Russian RPG's (more dependable than Chicom, lighter and faster to reload than LAWS rockets), everyone carying M4 for the little stuff, and WP grenades.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#38]
one thing people arnt considering:

thier are many small deadly dinosaurs. you could be blasing away with a G3 and a barret, but a swarm of little bastards would easily over run you, their also must be a smaller high rate of fire weapon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

thier are many small deadly dinosaurs. you could be blasing away with a G3 and a barret, but a swarm of little bastards would easily over run you, their also must be a smaller high rate of fire weapon.

Thats where the TommyGun comes into play
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats where the TommyGun comes into play

good point, but i bet thier is a better more modern option. if your dead set on a 45 SMG, thing UMP. maybe a SAW is a better option.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Cool!  My team is myself (the tech geek and main shooter) and my defense team consisting of a CSAR PJ Medic, an SF SERE Instructor, an SAS Malaysian Tracking School Instructor and a SEAL Sniper.

Each of us is set up with CADPAT BDUs and that funky 'anti-shiv' body armor they issue to Corrections Officers (light weight, impact and piercing protection).  Deuce gear is modified SOE Patrol Vests specialized for our loads and modified to also act as a SPIE rig for quick extraction.  Coms are compact with built in GPS and VOX, backup are those new sattelite-supported TACBE.  Part of the mission occurs in darkness so team members also have NVGs.

My weapon load out includes a ROBAR RC-50 .50 BMG with a US Optics SN-3 3-17x40 scope as a primary.  A 'gotta go' weapon for quick bugout from the hide would be a Benelli M3 12 guage with slug and buck.

The PJ, SERE and Tracker would all have Krebs AK-103 7.62x51mm rifles modified to accept Galil mags.  They would be outfitted with RAS and be smithed to accept M203 40mm GLs and Aimpoint Comp M2s.

The sniper would be equipped with a Barrett M82 .50 BMG rifle mounting an Aimpoint 2x on a sunk pintle mount in our hide to provide point defense fire.  His 'gotta go' package would be as the others standard load but with an M-79 GL instead of the M-203.

All members would have HK USP Tactical pistols firing .45+P ammo, a 'shark stick' close-in weapon, two M72 LAWs 66mm disposable rockets and two M18A1 Claymore AP mines.

The plan would have the team HALO on site and establish a hide within 800 meters of a major watering hole with good observation before dawn.  The sniper and myself occupy the central hide.  The other three members are in individual fighting positions nearby covering the flanks and rear.  The perimeter is covered with intrusion sensors and Claymores.

Sometime during the day our 'trophy buck' shows up and we catch him basking in the sunlight after a morning drink with a well-placed .50 BMG round.  Then we call in the chopper and high tail it down to the body to recover our trophy.

If things go FUBAR we have two exfil locations and routes worked out.  Each emergency PZ has additional gear and weapons dropped nearby with locator beacons installed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#42]
If you were dropped in, my guess would be that a team would last maybe an hour no matter how they were armed.  You start blasting a bunch of dino, and others are going to show up to do cleanup work...sense of smell will lead them right to the blood.  A group of velociraptors  would pretty much munch everyone quickly.

Remember, it took a friggin meteor strick to take the dino's out.  A few guys and some small arms ain't gonna do anything.  A better idea would be to just nuke the site from orbit.  Ripley had a good idea :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like good times…

I would have three guys with M60s and all the SP ammo they can pack to dispatch those pesky little raptors. Then two men with Barrett L82's loaded with as much HE ammo as possible to take care of the T-rex’s.

I guess that if the raptors were really as smart as they were portrayed to be in the movies, they would give you the most trouble.

However, another thing to think about is that if Dinosaurs are ever cloned, there will be many fun, new weapons to chose from by then. One can only wait…
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#44]
A T-rex's biggest asset is his speed & thick armor-like skin. His weakness is inteligence and perception.
Humans weakness are relativly low size, speed, and strenth. Our andvantages are time, technology and preparation.
Let exploit our strong points against the big dino's weak points.
How do we bypass his skin and armor. Easy, we work inside out. Rig up some cattle with some C-4, and cause some internal injuries. This should start him bleeding, impair his perception further, and keep him off-balance. With the dino effectivly immobalized, mop up with small arms.
If this fails, traps ,poisons, and chemical weapons could be employed.
As far as the other little nasties. Stay out of their reach. Treetops, mountaintops, hang gliders, whatever. Just keep out of their reach and they cant hurt you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#45]
i think if a Trex ingested C4, thier wouldnt be must to mopup with small arms. thier would just be stuff to mop up.they are big, and have teeth, but these arnt invincable monsters
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]
wussies!

a P38 can opener is all you need!

(that and a nice knife to dress and clean the beast! (you could use the P38 for this, but who wants to SHOW OFF?))  

seriously though...

you'd have to have an assortment.  there were Dino's of all diferent varieties.  Take everything you could carry from a .50 bmg Barret(~) on down.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Hehe, fun topic! Everybody has their own ideas of what best to take out dinos with! "If" there were an island of this nature, I think I'd let a few of you guys go first to test out the equipment ! Seems in agreement that getting the big trophy t-rex or something, wouldn't be that hard as the wander alone. It's defending the kill from them damn pesky smart velociraptors!

Here's another spooky thought about the dinosaur period of time. The damn insects were huge too! Imagine a giant swarm of 6+ inch army ants! Where's my flamethrower?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top