Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 2:03:13 PM EDT
What gives? Today I got the Federal Arms Corp. "magazine" and I noticed that all of their guns have the notation "POR" (price on request).  In the past, with very very few exceptions, they listed the prices.
Back in Nov. of last year I ordered a Galanti AR-15 gun case but I had been told on three occasions that the gun case was on back order.
Today I called the two phone numbers listed on their magazine but all I got was a message that the numbers had been disconnected.  Since they cashed my check ($48) I guess I have been screwed by a company that I had done business with in the past.  Oh well, I guess we live and learn.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just recieved an m4 upper from them a few weeks ago and still have a bolt assembly on backorder with them.To the best of my knowledge they have not gone out of business.A lot of the firearms wholesalers are going to por for things you need and ffl to order,just not fac.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Stuka.. I doubt very much FAC is out of business. Don't fear, Harlan isn't running with your $48. The catalog with the POR's in it are "consumer"catalogs. IE a gunshop owner leaves these laying around for customers to ask "how much can you get me this gun for?" VS I want this makarov from SOG for $99 get me one. The dealer catalog from FAC has the prices in it, yes they print 2 catalogs. You usually get the consumer one inside an order or maybe if you don't have an ffl. Hermit
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You never know. Wouldn't surprise me, I've had trouble getting their catalogs for some time now. I'll give 'em a call on Monday. I tried to order a bunch of stuff a few months ago and they were out of everything. If they still are then I guess I'll give up on them for good. They use to have some really low prices too, but in the past year have raised them on many items 20%+.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot, I got their flyer Thursday. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't ordered anything yet.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Since they cashed my check ($48) I guess I have been screwed by a company that I had done business with in the past.  Oh well, I guess we live and learn.

Man never send a check for buying anything thru the mail if possible, you as an individual will have very little leverage against the company when there is a problem. You can get the credit company to act on your behalf when push comes to shove. As a rule I always pay with a credit card if possible. The only companies that I have paid with a check was Quality Parts Corp/Bushmaster and Shomer-Tec.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top