Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 1:29:49 PM EDT
I am in the process of getting a new upper (A2 or A3, just have to decide).  I need the stripped upper only.  I have looked on ebay, and I see DPMS, Rock River and R B Precision.  I guess I can also order a Bushie upper from BM.  Is there any differences in uppers?  Is there any one (or ones) I need to steer clear of?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Most all uppers (and lot's of the other main parts too) are made at only a few places and then sold to Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, etc... so there's almost no difference between them. There are exceptions so buy from a place that will work with you incase it's not up to par for some reason. I would just go thru Pete in NH or SableCo and you'll do very well with them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends what you want it for.Not all the manufactures offer a chrome lined bore (bushy does).However I have a few from dpms that are not chromed and they are as reliable provided you clean them right and use quality ammo.I think the chromed bores are a little more forgiving of crud and crappy ammo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Also keep in mind that some colt uppers use different sized takedown pins that will not work on a milispec lower w/o a conversion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top