Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 1:56:58 PM EDT
What is the best, our your favorite, waistband holster for the Glock 26? I like the look of the "plastic" holsters so please include these even if they are your second choice. My main area of concern is comfort while walking as I will use this holster primarily for hiking. Being concealable is a secondary priority although still important. I also welcome any opinions or recommendations on the best way to carry a handgun while hiking.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
simply put.  Sidearmor.  There is no other.

toast
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately Sidearmor.  The very best holster you can buy for your Glock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
For my first Kydex, I purchased a Fobus for my 1911. It's built pretty well, but the Kimber rattles around a bit in it.
My next Kydex was for my Glock 30. I ordered one from Cen-Dex. This is my first IWB holster and it is taking a bit to find a place where it feels good all the time. I feel like mine rides a bit too high for me. I could just reheat and shorten the belt J-hook I suppose. Of course this holster may fit perfectly on someone else the way it is. Other than that, it's a solid holster. The Glock stays put, no rattle, comes straight out with a firm grip and grab. They also make belt holsters and that is what I would get if you don't want an IWB. I also ordered one of their mag carriers. Same as the holster (in the quality built dept.).  Check out their website...
www.cen-dex.com
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
The most comfortable and lowest imprinting IWB holster I have found is Milt Sparks' Versa Max II holster.  It is EXTREMELY comfortable to wear and very stable.

What makes it unique is that the belt loops are before and after the holster...not over it.  Therefore, the holster at it's thickest is just a few millimeters thicker than your gun since you don't have the belt loops/fasters over the gun (for instance, his Summer Special rig).

If someone made a Kydex holster similar, it would probably be a bit thinner due to the material...also because Milt Sparks puts a metal shank around the mouth of the holster to prevent it collapsing when the gun is not in.  Even still, it's quite thin for an IWB.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a Bianchi leather IWB
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Bianchi-Good for a first holster
Bladetech, et al (Kydex)-Pretty damn good
Milt Sparks-Pretty damn good
Mitch Rosen-Very damn good

The key to having a good rig starts with the belt. You need a belt that is designed to have a holster on it with a fully loaded gun in it. The holster must fit the belt. It may cost you some $$, but aren't you worth it? (Say YES, dummy!)
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]
i use a galco dc286 horsehide,best one ive used yet
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Blade-Tech... I.W.B.

I carry a Glock 21 in it and I love it
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I am very pleased with my Fist #1K.  It is very thin and comfortable.
www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Kramer Handgun Leather's IWB#2
It works great with my non-Glock pistol.

Are you sure you want IWB for hiking?  I haven't tried that, but it sounds uncomfortable.  You might also consider a fanny pack holster or something like The Wilderness Safepacker.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I cannot believe you people have not shown the COMP-TAC Shirt-Tucker.

www.comp-tac.com

They've got some nice CCW holsters.  They hold nicely for IWB too, and are the more concealed holster I've seen in my life.  It doesn't mar the finish of your glock too...
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I am always surprised at the number and quality of responses that I receive at this site.

Francisco_dAnconia
That wilderness safepacker looks like it would work really well. Do you use one, and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Francisco_dAnconia
That wilderness safepacker looks like it would work really well. Do you use one, and if so how do you like it?

Thanks

I mentioned the SafePacker because I also think it "looks like it would work really well," I've never actually used one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Blade-Tech IWB works for me and my G19 and when I had a G26.

Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top