Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 5:56:40 AM EDT
I have a Remington PSS .308 that I was thinking about selling, but wanted to get a ballpark figure on price from y'all. It's a 23" barrel, 4 lb. jewel trigger, lapped scope, trued action.
The optics are 1st Gen Springfield armory. It's all in good shape, a few scars on the outside edghe of the barrel...nothing interfering with accuracy... I'm putting consistent .5" groups. Any ideas on what it should go for?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
COME AWN!!!!...somebody has to know what i can expect to get on this thing...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking at about $600 for just the rifle, probably even with the trued action. But with the trigger, probably around $650. Plus 50-75% of the original value of the scope I'd say (my very rough guess).

Are you sure that's a 23" bbl and not 26"? Plus, how much did it cost to true the action?

I shopped for EVER before buying my PSS (308 also). Thinkin bout having the action trued . . .
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thinkin some more... the trigger might bump it up closer to $675-700 (if it's the one that costs $200 that i'm thinkin of), and 75% of the value of the scope, not 50%.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what I learn from buying and selling various guns..  for...I forgot :p

Customization don't count much in valuation a rifle
unless its done by a big name...
same as scopes...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
well I guess i shoulda read this before I went and tacked a price on it at the For sale board...thanks for the help...if I can only get 900 out of it I think it will remain my tack driver for a while. I'll find another way to get some cash.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep it!  Remember the first rule:  Sell no gun!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keep it!  Remember the first rule:  Sell no gun!

BTT because this should be a Daily Reminder!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Never, EVER sell a gun.  You will regret it for the rest of your life.  I've spent the last 5-6 months trying to rebuild what I've sold.  That means that all my spare money has gone back into the collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top