Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 8:08:07 PM EDT
need help re; a place where i can get the best deal on this hearing protector.  Thanks

Jaguar
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the very same model. I don't know what the go for 'in the wild', but I paid $169 for mine at Gander Mountain last year.

You might want to do a few searches on some of the web's competition shooting boards. These things always get bad reviews. I have no experience with others to compare them to, but they make an iritating 'clipping' noise during use. This is reported on every board I've came across.

I thought I could use them as an aid while hunting, but the noise starts to make me dizzy and nausias. The sound messes with your brain, and you have no percepion of distance.

They say there are brands that don't 'clip' out, but I've never researched them before. So I cannot recomend any.

I'm just giving you a little warning. Maybe you could ask around the COMPETITION forum here at ar15.com.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
www.cheaperthandirt.com www.midwayusa.com and www.sportsmansguide.com all frequently list the Peltor Tac-6 at about $139.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Tactical 7-S I got from USAMidway for $165. I love them. However they don't fold up. Dillon has the HP1(stereo,NRR 21,fold-up) for $135. Might be worth looking into.www.dillonprecision.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top