Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 12:53:03 PM EDT
Just wanted to share a picture of my Christmas bonus I received from work:

(yeah yeah, I know, you want my job )

HK USP Tactical .45 with attached Laser Devices BA-6 laser sight.

Before I got the laser sight (back ordered), I thought maybe the gun wasn't all that accurate.  At 7 yards, would shoot about 6-8" groups.  I know I suck at holding a pistol steady, but I didn't think I was THAT bad.  Others had slightly better results, but these were folks that shoot even less than myself.

So finally, after waiting a month, the laser sight shows up.  In order to "zero" the laser I used a sighting rest to eliminate too many variables.  Shooting at 10 yds I was able to put 3 shots in about an inch.  HOLY CHIT!  Fluke maybe?  Nope, did it a few more times.  Hmm, the laser?  I shut off the laser and using the rest I lined up the adjustable sights.  A slightly larger group (1 1/2 - 2"), but I attribute that to not aligning the sights exactly the same each shot.  Still, the gun turned out to be a lot more accurate that I thought.  SWEEEET!

I flipped the laser back on and switched to no rest (I think it's called offhand?).  Wow, that little red dot was floating all over the place.  No wonder I can't hit crap.  Now here's where the laser really paid off (not that I paid for it - hee hee).  By giving me a visual, I was able to play with things like my stance, grip, breathing and what not and was able to bring it under control much better than before.  Now, offhand I was able to get 1-2" groups with the laser and 2-3" without.  What an improvement.  Still, I try to use the iron sights as much as the laser so it doesn't become a crutch.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

LL
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
And just what do you do? Are they looking for anyone else? Where do I apply? I will leave my wife and kids move to Fl. if I have to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn you LL, now I'm starting to lust for that Laser Devices BA-6 laser sight for my USPs.  Do you mind me asking where and how much did you have to pay for it?  

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very, very nice dude!

Be sure to post your new Handgun in the "Handgun of the Day" thread at ar15.com's HANDGUN website!

Tyler

When I go to http://handguns.ar15.com and browse the forums, I get the same forums as here.  I have the Secret Society Decoder Ring, so what am I missing here?  A special handshake?

Quoted:
And just what do you do? Are they looking for anyone else? Where do I apply? I will leave my wife and kids move to Fl. if I have to.

I am a Visual Basic (ack) programmer.  For some reason, the IT and engineering industries seem to always lean towards the pro-gun side.  Something to do with logic and all that.  We had a big project with a deadline of Jan 1st.  He tailored everyone's bonus based on their interest.  I'm the resident gun nut, so he said go pick one gun for around $1K.  I've got rifles falling all over the place, so I decided I wanted one really awesome pistol and this baby fits the bill.

Quoted:
Damn you LL, now I'm starting to lust for that Laser Devices BA-6 laser sight for my USPs.  Do you mind me asking where and how much did you have to pay for it?

Well, I didn't pay for it, my company did.  And since it was on their tab, price negotiations wasn't a big deal.  However, I believe the total package after tax was something like $1300.  The laser sight runs around $329 at the gun shop (retail price I'm sure).

LL
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, you're missing a piece.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
You're right, LL. The handgun forums are jacked up, and have been on and off since the board dropped last week. When GoatBoy gets them unjacked, come and see us over at the HK forum. I moderate that puppy, and am the proud owner of a Tactical my own self.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Now you just need to get an HK 53 stlye flash hider for that thing and you will have one sweet beast!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top